Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I had to cut my Lani :( need some info

Posted by stormys_mom Md 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 17:47

I had a paper towel roll over it but the top got sunburnt. I cut the top off because it was shriveled and hard, now what? Its a rooting cutting. No roots yet but its in the water bottle. Am I suppose to seal the top? Let it dry first?

Jackie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I had to cut my Lani :( need some info

let it dry

o

Hey Jackie,

Like HT said, let it dry. I would also move it from the direct sun if it is suffering from this intense heat. As long as it is getting bottom heat and you can put it in a protected area out of the direct sun..it should continue to root. I know you said it hasn't rooted yet. Let the cut part of the stem dry out. You can always seal later. By cutting the top .. it will send out other branches when it starts to root. If you want, you could always seal the cut stem with waterproof wood glue (some use Dap Sealant), so you dont have any moisture getting into the stem and causing more problems. Sounds like it was in to much direct sun.

I am so sorry about your Lani... It is one of My favorites. Simply Beautiful...

Good Luck..

Laura

o

Thank you ht

Laura,
Your right the tip was badly sun burned. Our temps here have been brutal. I let it heal over and its inside on the heat mat. You live and learn, thank you for all your help. I have learned so much from you and the other friends here. I will update on its progress, hopefully it will be good news.

Take care
Jackie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here