Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nativec

Loving JJ Fuji Mist

nativec
10 years ago

I knew I wanted this one for a reason.... JJ Fuji Mist made a debut this weekend! Yay! For you smell-a-holics, the scent is light and floral so far.

The all important sexy mist shot..LOL It's really hard to capture the true color.

Dazzler still dazzling but no curl yet.... One little petal tried but then went away. The inflo is actually huge but very branched.

Happy growing!

Nicole

Comments (20)

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Very pretty. How big is the Fuji flower?

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kms2-the flower is easily 3" but this is a new addition, so I can only imagine it will get better!

Take care
    Nicole.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Oh Nicole !!!

Lmao. It is beautiful.

We need to talk . You And I need theray. On more beauty like that. Did you get her at JJ's ? She is a beauty!!

I need to email you. Just received a pkg from jim and I need to confess. ! Lol

Lets chat soon!!

Miss you!!!

Xo

Laura

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Wow Fuji Mist is gorgeous! Are you kidding me? I want one!! LOL.

Laura, we want to to hear your confession too! ;) Can you share your experience shopping directly from JL's website? I am so tempted to get a few things but so pricey!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi lynn.

Lol. I need to confess.

I have had great experiences with dealing with Kara. She is working with jim and she is wonderful, charming and so easy to talk to ( deal with).

Confession. Argggg!!!

Bought a Golden Pagoda cutting that I'm in the process of rooting.
    Had to replace my Don Ho. ;-(. It was struggling during rooting. But decided to travel to the Plumeria Gods instead.

JL Ambassador. Just because of Emerson and the beauty if course. ;-)

Hawaiian Coral. Ok. I feel better.

Just don't tell hubby. ;-). He thinks they just multiply at night.

This was my birthday present to myself!! Isn't that ok? Lol

Yes. I love the Fuji Mist too! Quite beautiful.

I will admit. I want one too!!!

You made me feel better ,lynn!!

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from jim. He has been wonderful to deal with!!

Go for it!!! :)

Take care!!!

Laura

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, well Laura that is quite the confession! LOL Fuji Mist is indeed from Jungle Jacks. I wish I could get the color to show up properly. As the blooms fade they turn into the most gorgeous lilac/grey color.

We need to talk! I have missed you! Sadly my Metallica is struggling. It hasn't leafed out yet and the claws are really tiny. I'm experiencing this problem with several of my JL varieties...hrumpf.

I will be praying to the Plumie Gods for your Golden Pagoda. As you may remember I lost mine over the winter. It was my biggest heartbreak. I just love that one!! I do know that if anyone can do it, you can!! Get those roots growin'!

I don't have too many confessions this year so far. I've been pretty good without having you encouraging me...LOL The other new addition is a variegated from BBB called Rose Syrup. Really beautiful!!

Lynn-I'm not trying to encourage you too much(cough-cough) but I say Fuji Mist is a keeper!! I don't know what her color would be in your area. My pics were taken when it was about 106 with 30% humidity and its still pretty light. Stunning never the less to my eye :)

Here is a bloom in the evening that is fading....

Remember my Golden Sun that was forgotten in the garage all season? I kept the inflo and its doing fine. It's showing more pink as it first opens but then dulls to a delicious orange!

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I just love the purples.

This forum is just flat out dangerous. To my wallet.

Tally HO!

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tally

Aint that the truth! LOL

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Wowza Laura!!

After reading your confession... I'm trying to find an excuse so I can buy some too!! My bday isn't until Oct 30th but I can use my daughter's bday which was July 5th! Hahaha.

I think it's a sign that we (Nicole and I both lost our Golden Pagoda) and Laura just bought a cutting. That got to mean something! Talking about prasping at straws here. LOL So happy for you Laura! When you have time can you tell me again how YOU root a cutting? I just ordered one and I really really need to make sure she roots!! Thank you!!

Nicole Fuji Mist is sooo pretty I can't stand it!

• ProudMamaSD
    10 years ago

Nicole, your pics are amazing. I saw many blooming (young) Fuji's at JJ's, but none looked this good. I am afraid I told Greg to hold off on this one cause it was very ordinary, now I think I am in big trouble. (Insert foot into mouth) WOW!!!

Looks like I am going to go get me some Fuji Mist too.

Good on ya Laura, Birthdays are designed for 'impulsive' purchases. :o) Got your email, will be in touch soon. xox

Wendy

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wendy

Was it our Greg here? You may really be in trouble...LOL I think this one might be right up his alley. Strangely enough mine is a young plant too, I only ordered the one gallon. I wonder why the ones you saw looked ordinary? Perhaps the temperature, my temps are much higher in the summer than where JJ is located. Hummm..

I have no idea why I was so drawn to it with all the great stuff JJ has this year but it was like a moth to a flame. Lucky me it paid off...:)

We are all here to feed each others addiction aren't we? Half of my collection is because of forum members! At least thats the excuse I'm using today :)

Take care,

Nicole

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Wendy I was not impressed with her in person either so you are not the only one.

Nicole, what does she smell like?

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynn, she has a light floral scent right now but I have about 6 blooms about to pop so I am hoping to get a better fix on the scent then. I'll keep you posted :)

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Please do! I might have to go to the Open House after all!

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Loving her petal shape and color, actually like her better faded.
    Thanks for sharing

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynn-I'm on the fence about going to the open house as well. Ugh... I would love to finally meet some of the ppl from the forum :)

James-thats a huge compliment coming from one with a collection like yours :) And I'm with you the faded coloration is my favorite!

• ProudMamaSD
    10 years ago

Yes, this was for our Greg... uh oh!

As I told Greg, the color itself was kind of amazing, a translucent mist of a purple, the name is perfect, and that made me stare at it, I even asked John about it... but the petal shape and overall lustre of the plant just didn't do it for me.

John's greenhouses get insanely hot and humid, they are most unpleasant to be in, lol, not to mention the one these were in had heat mats under them! So I don't know, perhaps they hadn't rooted well enough, I just don't know.

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Nativec,
    Darn you I am plumietized now. The more I look @ your pic the more I want it now...lol I am not a big purple fan but loving your purple plumie realness and shape.

Wanna sell her?
    You can go to JJ's with extra cash to get more.

Cheers enabler

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

James just go to the Open House and get one! You don't want to miss out on all the fun do you? You know you want to! I will come if you come. LOL...

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

James-I love being an enabler! So now you should come to the open house, you don't really want mine it was just a 1 gallon :) You could get a bigger and better one! Can you hear the open house beckoning to you?....."Come to the open house James....Fuji Mist is there" LOL

Seriously it would be great to see you there :)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County