Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie going to Jungle Jack's for the first time tomorrow.

Posted by tomatotomata 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 18:02

I'm off to buy my first, well,second plumeria. (I drowned the first one, but I'm older now, and know better).

Any suggestions/advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie going to Jungle Jack's for the first time tomorrow.

Was just there two days ago. 1 gal plants are gone with the exception of premium white, red, yellow, etc. You'll have to look at 2-3 gal or 5 gal for named JJ varieties. Bring lots of $$$$$.

John says it has been a very busy year.

o

Take a wallet with lots of cash and a truck...LOL. Have fun!

-Nicole

o

• Posted by isobea 10, San Diego (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 23:46

Ask John for advice. Tell him where you live, what you are looking for (color, size, fragrance,...). He is a really nice guy and always willing to help. Have fun and Happy Hunting!
Iso

PS: Let us know what you come home with.

o

• Posted by kim319 6A, So Indiana (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 15:12

Sorry to butt in, but uglyhair, was their any 1 gallon divines left? I am expecting one soon from John that I ordered the 16th. I was told he thought he had some left so I was just wondering wither to get my hopes up or not.

o

OP here; I'm back from Jungle Jack's. As suggested, I told John where I live so he could recommend an appropriate variety. I came home with a 5 gallon "California Sunset", and I'm very pleased. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of lurking on this site to learn all I can.

o

• Posted by isobea 10, San Diego (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 23:35

tomatotomata, I'm sure you'll love your CA Sunset. I got mine from John last year and it's a very healthy plant. As new flowers develop in our cooler climate (compared to John's greenhouses), you will see very little orange/red. Then you will see an amazing change when the Santa Anas hit in the fall (the heat relly brings out those colors).
Good luck and let us know what you'll buy next - nobody has just one of JJs plants.
Iso

o

Kim319, I did see some sleeved up Divine cuttings (2012 crop) so I think you'll be fine. I bought one for my father in law. Also found some sleeved up varieties and I bought a few..... John said "where did you get these.". There is so much stuff that he does not always know what he has.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here