Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

My Blooming Plumerias

No-Clue
11 years ago

{{gwi:1186579}}

Elena - I have never heard of her but I was captured by her sweet scent and beauty so she came home with me.

{{gwi:1186582}}

My CA Sunset finally showing come colors and sweet soft scent. She has been blooming since April!

{{gwi:1186585}}

Aztec Gold - I love her sweet scent but I don't love her humongous leaves. She's tall so if I run out of space she might be the first one to go.

{{gwi:1186587}}

Elsie finally bloomed and what a beauty! She has very soft scent.

{{gwi:1186589}}

Another photo of Elsie my beautiful girl.

{{gwi:1186591}}

Whirlwind is another beauty with a great scent to boot.

{{gwi:1186592}}

Inca Gold has been a very reliable bloomer for me. Her scent is soft and sweet and her color is stunning.

{{gwi:1186593}}

Star of Siam is one of my all time favorite. She a beauty with a gorgeous sweet fragrance. I love how the petals softly curled out.

{{gwi:1186594}}

Vera Cruz Rose - when I got this plant most of the buds died during transit so I had only 3 buds left and finally one bloomed! The sweet scent is to die for. I hope she will bloom for me again next year.

{{gwi:1186595}}

Vienna Rose - she's a beauty... need I say more?

{{gwi:1186596}}

Cyndi Moragne - again never heard of her but her luscious petals and sweet sweet scent made it impossible to leave her behind.

{{gwi:1186597}}

Another shot of Cyndi Moragne... she's fast becoming one of my favorite as well.

{{gwi:1186598}}

Wizard - I adore her color and beauty. Her scent is sweet and spicy. LOVE!

{{gwi:1186599}}

Another photo of Wizard... :)

{{gwi:1186600}}

Ah... Rhonda my favorite favorite girl. She's still blooming and I am still heads over heels in love with her.

{{gwi:1186601}}

If I can only have ONE plumeria then it will have to be Rhonda. Her scent is to die for. I'm thinking I will have to get another one. She makes me happy.

{{gwi:795662}}

J105 - she is a stunner!! WOWZA! Everything about her is just breathtaking. The trunk is strong and sturdy. The leaves are green and thick. The flowers are simply gorgeous! I have never seen such a gorgeous gorgeous plant! However, I have only started to detect a very soft fragrance. So if that grows stronger then she will give Rhonda a run for her money!

{{gwi:1186602}}

Just for fun I put Scentsational, then Divine then Rhonda so you can see the size difference.

{{gwi:1186603}}

Here is Scentsational next to Wizard. As you can see Scentsational is HUGE!! The fragrance is the strongest out of any Plumeria I have ever sniffed. If you want fragrance this is a must have!

{{gwi:1186605}}

Here is Scentsational next to Inca Gold. So I would say my blooms are around 5+ inches big.

Comments (20)

• John Perilloux
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You have got a bevy of beauties there. It would be hard for me to pick a favorite.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I forgot the JJ's NOID!

{{gwi:1186606}}

She's pretty high on my list as well w/ her beauty and sweet coconuty scent. Sigh...

{{gwi:1186607}}

Here is my JJ's NOID again...

I think I need some rainbow (Lani's Beauty) and something purple (Metallica and Viola) and something red! :)

• beachplant
    11 years ago

Stunning!
    Tally HO!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Fantastic! Gorgeous! Stop tempting me with Tiger!

Cindy is such an elegant bloom--love it. And I agree that J105 is very special.

I thought you had THE red coming from our own intrepid Honeybunny?

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Is Wildfire red?? If so then I can cross that off my list. And technically I should cross purple off my list as well since I already got those.

So really I just need my Lemon Drop and Lani's Beauty and I should be ok until someone else tempt me with something unique! :)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Love them all!! Don't think my scentsational is going to bloom this year but im keeping my fingers crossed. If your Aztec gets out of control ill gladly take a cutting from ya. With compensation of course.

Love your collection.
    Mike

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok Mike, I will gladly send you a cutting. :)

You will love Scentsational when she blooms. I forget to mention that her blooms staying power is phenomenal as well. I don't know how JJ does it... Rhonda, Scentsational, CA Sunset, Wizard... etc... the blooms just last forever! Take my Daisy Wilcox for example... her blooms only last 2 days. Not sure if that's normal?

So until more plants from Hawaii bloom for me so I can compare but for now JJ's plants are kicking butt.

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Captivated by Cyndi Moragne, her yellow radiates out like rays of the sun... hmm, lovely.

Wendy

11 years ago

That would be awesome Aztec is on my wish list. Of course im pretty sure there isnt one that's not on my list LOL. My sensational was at the end of its blooming last year when I got it so I barely got to enjoy it. Its got 4 good branches so maybe next year. You're right JJ's are kicking some tail for you

Mike

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

They are all just beautiful!!!

Great pictures and lovely colors...

Congratulations!!

Laura

• josegabriele
    11 years ago

They are stunning.

• joanr
    11 years ago

Lynn,

What a wonderful collection you have. Those are some awesome blooms and I am totally in love with a few of them. Now Rhonda and Scentsational are definitely on my wish list.

You really have a knack for growing plumerias and they are certainly responding to your loving care.

Joan

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh, NC! Your collection just gets better and better! It must be like 7th heaven around your place! Cyndi Moragne is much more beautiful than I had realized. And 6 petals, too!

I emailed you earlier and mentioned Rhonda. How lovely! And she just keeps right on giving. Love it!

Love, love, love J105. Scrumptious!

Love them all! :)

I'm just chock full of love tonight! LOL

• kathyr89
    11 years ago

Is this the same NC who was posting you couldn't even root a cutting??? WOW! have you come a long way.
    I still have no blooms. Came home yesterday & watched a monarch lighting on my plumies for 20 mins. Which is hysterical since they have no blooms & my front garden has all the blooms butterflies love in full bloom. Go figure.
    Keep the pics coming, I don't have any of my own to enjoy.
    Kathy

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

Great collection!

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Nice job N-C! Excellent photography too! Love J105!

Rachel

• nativec
    11 years ago

NC-Congrats on all your stunning beauties! Its like looking at a bunch of divas lined up on the red carpet! LOL Great job!!!

Nicole

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you guys! But I cannot take any credit since most JJs plants either were blooming or had inflos when I bought them. All I am doing is trying my best to not kill them so I can enjoy the blooms. :).

11 years ago

You're doing a fantastic job! Out of the 7 JJ's I bought this year 2 have had virtually no roots. You're doing something right to have them be so happy.

Mike

• elucas101
    11 years ago

BEEEEE-UUUUUU-TIFUL!!! Amazing collection you've got there! And wow, your Whirlwind looks way better than the picture on the website, makes me wish I had snatched one up when I was at that way far out nursery! That's a beauty! They all are.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz