Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

JJ's Cherokee Geisha

No-Clue
10 years ago

I waited a year to pick up this beauty. I didn't have room plus I was moving so I didn't want to add another non-blooming plant. Well my patience paid off for I just recently picked up a CG with two inflos!

In a way it was good she wasn't blooming last year; no way I could have found the will power to not take her home! CG looks so elegant and her colors so soft and sweet. Size of the flowers is quite large and fragrance is medium sweet. I am so pleased with this beauty!

{{gwi:1185985}}

{{gwi:1185993}} Fading to this

{{gwi:1187114}} Then this before dropping off.

{{gwi:1187115}}One with six petals!

{{gwi:1187116}}Love it!

Comments (13)

• rox146
    10 years ago

you have a fabulous collection...lots of greats! roxanne

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Rox!

You do too I might add! I have been drooling over yours. :)

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I need to get down to Vista ...

• rox146
    10 years ago

no clue...you need to come to our luau on the 24th of August....1:00 o'clock....let me know if you are interested and I will give you the address. we are in Ventura...roxanne

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rox, thank you so much for the invite but my mother will be in town that week. She's visiting from the East Coast so we may or may not be home. She likes Vegas so we might have to take her there again.

If for whatever reason we don't go I will definitely let you know! Thanks again hun!

• Andrew Scott
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for posting your awesome pics of 'Cherokee Geisha'! I can't wait for my buddy Laura to see these pictures. I ordered mine from John last summer. When I called him up to ask if he had any, he told me he only had a few left. I all ready new what I was buying. Someone I know had bought knee from John in 2011. She had sent me a pic of it, and I knew then and there that I HAD to buy it! I also had a feeling that Laura would want it if she saw the pic, so I called her up and told her I was putting C.G. on my Must Have list. Laura knows whever I say that it means she also has to get it! Right Laura?

Is it possible for you to take another pic of the entire tree? I really want to see the size of the tree. I had one person tell me it had to be about 2ft tall before it bloomed. I had another person say 16in. So far my tree has no signs of any inflos, which hasn't been a huge surprise. Even my most reliable bloomers Thai Super Round, and Dwarf Singapore Pink are barely doing anything. DSP has 1 inflo and last year it had 9. T.S.R. had 4 or 5 and I don't have any. We did get hot, and I mean HOT(temps in high 80's to low 90's with high humidity but that only lasted a couple weeks. If we ocul have had the whole month of Juy hot, I would have had more inflos :( Well there is always next year to look forward to but if my C.G. forms any inflos it will go under my HPS light!

Thanks again for your beautiful pictures!
    Andrew

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Andrew,

I'm so glad to hear both you and Laura have this beauty! In a way she kind of reminds me of Metallica. Maybe that's why I am so in love with her?

I will be happy to take a full body shot for you tomorrow. :) Hopefully yours will bloom soon!

• Andrew Scott
    10 years ago

That's so ironic that you said that it reminds you of Metallica. I was just thinking the exact same thing when I saw your Cherokee Geisha pictures for the first time!

I remember when I got mine last summer i it was almost $70. I was so tempted to go right up to a 2 gal pot but first he told me he would have to double check that he had one for me, and then he told me the price for it and I politely said thank you but I will stixk with my 1 gal.

She certainly is very pretty and well worth the wait. John seemed to think that even though our temps in New York are way more mild than where he's at in CA, I still had a good shot at getting really nice flower colors because of our higher humidity. I am skeptical BUT, I also have seen what the higher humidity has done to Laura's plumeria! Granted, she is much hotter than we are in western N.Y.!!!!! Time for me to move south!

Andrew

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Andrew,

Oh cool so I'm not delusional about her being a little similar to Metallica. Although some might argue that point. LOL My Metallica is still so little but she's leafing out so I'm hoping in a few years I will get lucky and see her bloom. I think Matt rooted mine last September so she's still only a baby.

As for Cherokee Geisha, mine is in a 5 Gal pot. From the soil line it's about 2 feet tall. Three tips and and inflos on two.

{{gwi:1187117}}

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just adding a few more photos of this beauty.

George she's calling your name! LOL

I noticed that the hotter the temps (90's the last two weeks) the more purple she becomes. Very interesting.

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Lynn, she's got my number! This is a must have for me, ever since I saw yours. Amazing flower!

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Gorgeous Lynn. I think JJ's has more dosnt he?
    Lynn your area is much hotter than it is in my patch to get those colors.
    Thanks for sharing.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

James,

I don't honestly know. But yes I think my area is hotter than your patch! 90s for over two weeks now. Hard for us humans but my plumies love it!!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County