Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

BBB rooted plants

No-Clue
11 years ago

So after hearing everyone raving about BBB's plants I decided I must see for myself and since I have been wanting a Daeng Sayem/Siam Red and Kauka Wilder for a while.. I decided to order two. Turned out he was sold out of the KW so I picked Mardi Gras instead.

Both arrived today in great condition! It's a nice change to finally got plants w/ ROOTS per advertised instead of broken root balls. I'm letting them soak in the water mixed w/ Vit B1 and Superthrive for a little bit before potting them in Al's Gritty mix.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase and will definite buy from him again in the future!

{{gwi:1187340}}

{{gwi:1187341}}

{{gwi:1187343}}

Comments (8)

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

Good looking roots!
    Make sure the water is not cold coming out of the tap?
    I remember in Ohio mid summer we always got cold cold water out of the tap.
    Be sure to stake them for stability and keep them warm for rapid recovery and leaf production.

Very exciting! Your on your way to some real winners, especially the Siam Red with those amazing red blooms!
    Just so you know an inflo can produce multiple blooms that can last over a month.

I need to go look at the Al's gritty mix recipe and compare it to mine?

Aloha, Stuart

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Nice!! NC Stuart is so right about the cold water. It will shock your plants. I use tepid water. Good luck with them and post pics of your Siam red. Its my favorite. If you get a chance go look at pics of Stuarts, its beautiful!!!!

Jackie

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My water was room temperature so I hope that's ok.

Yeah I'm pretty stoked! I have never seen such long roots in all the plants I bought btw Matt and Fuzzy.

Now I have to order from MPG to compare. :) I must take a look soon.

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

MPG has good stuff! Quality for me is always perfect!
    Here's a quick photo of the Siam Red....enjoy!

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sweet!! So it was you! Thank you for posting that. Now I have an idea of what I get to look forward to. Praying it will be next year. :)

Once the roots were soaked and I took it out of the soaking water and tried potting it in the 1 gal and it just seemed so crowed. So even though it's only around 15 inches long I went ahead and potted it in the 3 gal pot. I hope that's ok. I just didn't want to squish the roots.

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

No-Clue,

Yes the 3 gallon is fine!, you might want to support it with bamboo stakes for stability. I stake all mine over 12 inches. Also my dogs like to sniff them....urggg!

I potted mine in a 3 gallon and it was a 1 tip rooted grafted.

Stuart

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Stuart. I will have to go get some stakes but for now it's ok. Good thing I don't have pets... so those bunnies better not go near my new babies or else! :)

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

Stuart- thanks for the picture, Now I am looking forward to mine in the future, It was another one badly damaged in shipment and is slowly recovering. Lynn= I fill a trash can with water (actually I fill 4)and let it sit overnight to evaporate chlorine and other chemicals. I use this water for planting and fertilizing. When it rains (rare) I fill these with rainwater and use within a week.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County