Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumeriapusher

Thai Plumie

Kimo
10 years ago

Ok I just saw this, John from JJ's posted this pic of a unnamed plumie. It kind of looks like a red Taj Mahal. According to John, one bidder will win the sole plant and get to name her...
What do y'all think?

I think she is pretty.
So the lucky person who is going to the Open House @ JJ's and bid's and wins, gets the plant and the naming rights... Mazel Tov to who ever wins.

I saw a pic by Leslie Ohara, her and her sister have one of the best collections of plumies in the south bay, acres and acres worth. Anyway Leslie took a pic of one of JJ's plumies at a Lowes that was labled Divine White. OMG Now this is a looker.
Leslie also stated there were other plumies labeled Divine White that did not look like this pic, looked more like a bleached out dvine.

What u think:

Comments (17)

• No-Clue
    10 years ago
  • Kimo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynn u better run to Lowes before DH comes home and get some of the Divine Whites..lol

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Can't find any within 30 miles radius. :( Oh well...

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi James,

That is a beauty.... Truly.

Good luck to you guys, Wish I was going out there, but I promised my daughter when she had surgery and jimmy buffet was in town , I would take her. Guess what... It is on July 13th. I'd really be in the dog house if I didn't go to the concert... I'd love to go to JJ's though!! ;-)

Have fun and please post pics... What a beauty...

James... That is a rare Divine. Do you think it is mislabeled. Or a gem?

GO GET ONE!!! Good luck Lynn.. Let us know if you find one... She is beautiful.

Take care,

Laura

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

I have a JJ's Devine White from Lowe's... and I'm redoubling my efforts to get to JJ's open house now. I want to name her!!!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Elizabeth, where did you find yours?? I called all the local Lowes and they said they didn't have any!

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Lynn- you can't find a lowes or divine white within a 30 mile radius?? ;)

Such a beautiful flower and colors!!

Chuy

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

I can't find Divine White at any Lowes within 30 miles radius. Plenty of Lowes not Divine white though... :(

• Kimo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lnorigb
    Well I hope you win the bid as its an auction for the plant and naming rights.
    Let us know if your bid wins..
    Break a leg..

As for trying to get Divine White, the nearest Lowes to my house is 14.3 miles on Pico Bl. By the time I would have gotten there in rush hour traffic it would have taken me 1 1/2 hrs or more... I found 1 when i called the Hawthorne Lowes, but when I lived in Palos Verdes I went there in 2004, and put it this way NEVER AGAIN..... I am not looking to get car jacked or robbed.

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

I've had her nearly a month I suppose, since the 1st round of shipments went out. I was just at local Lowe's today and they were all out of any plumeria.

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Aaahhhh! Got it!

Chuy

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Where are guys finding this? Would you mind telling me? Thanks!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Also can you all post a picture of your tag that said "Divine White". Thank you!

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

No-Clue's mind needs to be cloned!! she's an amazing super sleuth! So I am wrong, I do not have a Divine White, merely a Star White, which looks like it'll bloom it's 1st flower this week!!! Don't mind the clumpy white stuff in the pots, it's just damp DE. I only have 8 plants so you'd think I'd have them all memorized but clearly I don't. Maybe I should stick to NOIDs? it'll cost a few pennies less and I won't need to memorize, eh. =)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Divine, Divine white, star white, premium white, premium white/yellow. premium this premium that. Polka Dot red white with pink stripes.

Geez Why cant john just keep it all straight and easy.

mike

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Mike, my sentiments exactly! But it's not just John it's everybody else too. Too many names for the same plants or the same names for different plants are making it too confusing to find. I can't keep them straight either.

Elizabeth, thank you for clearing that up. :) Check your email I got some beauties for you to admire.

• Kimo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The aka "Divine White" looks a bit like Dream Star by JJ's, or could be one of his other look a likes.