Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can somone ID this NOID

Posted by Bakajan none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 19:29

I've had 2 cuttings for a year and they are looking to bloom. This is the first of the 2. Im so excited and love the colors and the fragrant. I wanted to know if there is an ID for this one or not. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can somone ID this NOID

Not sure, maybe the more experienced members will help.

Josh

o

I can not id it for you but it is very pretty. Looks nice and healthy. Barb

o

I don't know what it could be but it's very pretty and I'd be happy to have it in my collection!

Doug

o

Looks kinda like a Skylark Pink

o

Thank you all so much. That skylark pink does look similar. Have a second question. What happens with all these NOIDS? Do they ever get a name or a number LOL?

o

wow! that might be Dwarf Singapore Richard Criley! Is its growth habit pretty dwarf-like? If it is you definitely scored, not very common:

o

Thank you all so much. That skylark pink does look similar. Have a second question. What happens with all these NOIDS? Do they ever get a name or a number LOL?

o

Noids will continue to carry the name unless you want to register them from seedlings.. Three blooming cycles.. Then. You submit to register with the PSA.

Some noids can be identified.. So there is hope!! You just want to be sure when you put a tag on something.. You want to carry the true name..

I have noids without names. They are just beautiful and are some of my favorites. Nothing wrong with a noid. You could even add your own name to it.. Noid tiki!! Lol.. Noid Costa Mesa ... Noid Maui .. It's your tree.. The true varieties are named..

Noid wishful ?

Enjoy!! Yours is a beauty!!!

Laura

o

Thanks phalanx-viridis. I rent my place so all the plumeria's I have are growing in plants. When you say growth as dwarf like I dont know what that means but I've had this one for about 3-4 years. I was very bad with fertilizing and so it probably was not growing how it was suppose to. I just measured it and it about 5ft right now which I dont think that falls under the dwarf category. I dont even remember where I got it from. Its been a stick in my pot for years. Is there a way to know for sure?

o

That to me looks like CStars Cancun Dream.

~Kasie

o

Ditto to what Kasie said.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here