Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumygirl

J.J. Tiger

plumygirl
10 years ago

This is the first bloom for JJ Tiger. I thought it was really beautiful and wanted to share.

Don't miss Jungle Jack's Open House on July 13th. Gates open @ 9am with a fantastic variety to choose from with a couple of new introductions for 2013! This year's door prize is a mystery plumeria to be named by the winner. Be sure to check out Jungle Jack's web site for the specials.

It is a good thing I don't live close by or I would be flat broke on July 14th!!

Comments (14)

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Me, too!

Wish I could go just once.

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Hmmm... how come your JJ Tiger looks so different than mine?

Are there TWO Tigers then? I'm so confused again.

{{gwi:1187651}}

• bobthewizard
    10 years ago

I'll be there... Gotta talk the wife into going too, but I'll be there.
    :)

• plumygirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I don't know...but I really like your "Tiger"! Maybe there are two? Where did you find your version?

• rox146
    10 years ago

I would absolutely love to go and get 1 nice blooming plant...cannot get there, maybe next year...roxanne

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Michelle- that (Lynn's pic) is what JJ's shows on his website as Tiger (that was the one I was deciding on between that & CS3), maybe he sent you a mislabeled one by chance? Pic is too different.

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Hi Michelle,

I got mine at Jungle Jack's last year as an NOID. It had an inflo but wasn't blooming and I was desperate for something, anything that would bloom right away so I took a gamble. And when I posted the pictures everyone told me it was Tiger. As far as I can remember he didn't have a Tiger last year. But this year he does and it matches mine.

Yours is beautiful too though... so I don't know. All these names are driving me batty! LOL

• plumygirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You guys are right! I didn't even think to check his site. I'll send him the bloom photo and a shot of the trunk were "Tiger" is written. I'm guessing he will be able to figure it out.

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Michelle,
    The shape of your flower is right on, color just might temporarily be off. I bought a JL Supernova from Hawaiisandy on Ebay years ago. Well after waiting 4 yrs it bloomed, but the flowers were white and yellow like yours. I wrote Sandy and she stated she cut it from the tree and she was sure it was Supernova. I was offered another cutting, I told her I invested 4 yrs not including moneywater/soil/fert., that Id give it another season to see what would happen. Sandy said if it did not bloom with the correct color the next time she would send me a rooted cutting and I could keep the plant I had. Well sure enough the next year she bloomed hot rich pink.
    So you may want to see what happens, maybe it will change to red on the next inflo or seaon...
    Just my 02 cents...
    Good luck..
    PS what does she smell like?? Take a pic of the plant, leaves also and post it so maybe Lynn can compare to see if it looks the same

Happy 4th Y'all

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Found another example of a colored Thai plumie blooming white the first time.
    This was from Siam Seeds in Thailand:
    1st white bloom:

I gave the plant to a friend in Oceanside and this is how she bloomed for her the next season, this is what she was suppose to look like:

So Michelle give Tiger a chance, but you may want to let John know and ask him if it does not bloom true later in the season or next if you can exchange it for a red tiger.

Cheers

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Oh and Lynn,
    If your look there are 2 tigers.
    There is Tiger and another Tiger 2 (Brad @BBB sells Tiger 2). Could be an AKA again for the same plumie, you may want to ask Brad about it.
    Cheers

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    10 years ago

No-Clue, How is the scent on your Tiger? Would love to get this one too if it smells good (doesnt have to be strong though). Such a gorgeous flower.

• lanilani
    10 years ago

I bought a Tiger from the Balboa Park sale so I'll let you guys know if it's the splashy purple if it blooms. I'm so sick of being ripped off by that Thai Ebay seller with over 10 plants that are all white with yellow centers. I hope I can get a lot of you guys to go on Ebay and report any photo shopped pics and there are plenty that show baby or dark blues, neons, dark blue-purple, etc. I can provide seller names too but we need to have lots of reports on fraudulent listings. Just search for "Blue Hawaii" or "Violet SKy" plumeria and check out their other listings. Under the description you see the logo for Buyer Protection. To the right of that click on REPORT ITEM. Thanks for helping

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Here's another pic of Tiger...

Sponsored