Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Can you see it?

moonie_57 (8 NC)
11 years ago

This is on an ugly spindly tree that I bought from a local feed and seed store. This will be the 4th plumeria over a 6 year period and the first 3 (2 of which froze to death several years ago) were whites, though different varieties. I've been hoping that it is the same variety that I bought from there years ago that my husband liked so much. But, this noid was given to the lady that owns the store so it could be anything.

I apologize for the stupid cellphone pic. But can you see it?

{{gwi:1187871}}

Here it is when I bought it last month. She's looking a whole lot better to me now. :)

{{gwi:1187872}}

Comments (20)

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Moonie is that an inflo I see?? LOL... looks pretty good to me. Hopefully it will turn out to be a beauty! :)

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

Yes! It's a bundle of joy!!!
    Keep us posted to the results!
    I love surprises.

Stuart

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

WHOO HOO!

Congratulations Mona!!

I cant wait to see this beauty!!

So happy for you!!

Take care,

Laura

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, guys!

I'm really excited! Been watching it for several days and was finally sure it was an inflo yesterday. There might be another one. I should know by tomorrow. :)

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

that plant looks very happy and healthy. Hope you get some beautiful flowers.

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Woo hoo!! I know you have to be on cloud nine.. I would be. Good work. Share pics of its progress, cant wait to see it bloom for you!!

Jackie

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Once I got that Pop up add out of the way. Now I see it. Congratulations. Now the hard part of waiting for it to finish forming. You are going to swear that its slower than geologic time.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

don`t you just love surprises? Nice looking tree.

I see you grow your ees in pots, another one of my addictions, this year Josephs nursery had stingray in a 5gallon pot for Tally HO!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How fortunate to be amongst people that understand! LOL

k - I know, it's so slow to go but I gotta tell you that every day I can see just a bit more growth to it! It's a good thing staring doesn't cause stunting! LOL

Tally - yes, I have lots of plants in pots this year, all messily stuffed along the fence. We are doing some reno projects so everything along side the house had to be moved.
    How cool is stingray!? I've only seen photos of it. I might take you up on the purple stem offer! Here's the perfect spot to put it.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sheesh! Tally, I meant to say that I would send you some calidora and illustris if you don't have it. maybe african mask, too, if i can stop killing it :)

• beachplant
    11 years ago

LOL! African mask can be picky, our chickens ate it! I moved most of them to the front yard away from the chicks, was actually surprised they ate it. I have those but thanks for the offer. If the stingray ever makes pups I will divide them for you.
    Tally HO!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

How exciting! Can't wait to see your blooms!

I think there should be a unit of time describing the span between first spotting an inflo and when the first bud fully opens. I'd call it an "ohcomeonalready".

• pcput
    11 years ago

Moonie, Yeaaaaaa !!! It will take for ever to bloom and the wait is terrible. I too hope it is a beauty and the one your DH loved.

Jen I love your "ohcomeonalready" unit of time. Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tally, that would be great! Those stingrays are so cute.

LOL Jen
    I think your time frame would begin with a foot stomp and end with a leap in the air :)

• beachplant
    11 years ago

I'm mailing canna and crinums on Monday to some frozen north state. Do you want me to mail you some EEs on Monday? I can make one run to the po. Not sure what all is out there but I will be in the garden all weekend so will divide plants up for you. Anything else you would like? Might as well fill the box up.
    Tally HO!

• Ann_in_Houston
    11 years ago

Tally, do you mean Joseph's up here in Pearland? Next time you go, call me and I'll meet you there. I was thinking I was overdoing the new plant phase of this summer but now I'm having withdrawals but it seems too hot to do anything new. Also, all the nurseries have such common stuff that doesn't interest me, these days. If you want to get together let me know and I'll email you my no.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

I love Josephs! You never know what you will find and you can't beat their prices. Let's go next month. How about August 10? I have the day off and it's payday!
    Tally HO!

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

I see it, I see it!!! Yippee! Congrats! Hope your husband loves this one as much as your first!

Rachel

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sounds great, Tally! You already have african mask but I'm unsure whether you are wanting/needing calidora and illustris or if you already have them as well.

You like cannas? I could send you emerald sunset if you don't have it.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Rachel! I feel like there is a good chance that this one could be The One. :)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction