Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jandey1

Central Texas plumeria meet-up

jandey1
10 years ago

We'll be meeting this Sunday, August 4th, at 10:30am at the San Marcos outlet mall food court for some plumeria swappin' and talkin'.

Come join us if you're in the Austin to San Antonio area! Kms2, Honeybunny, elucas and a couple of other folks will be there and we'd love to make new plumeria friends.

This is how we bond:

With shopping baskets, LOL.

Comments (12)

• texasplum
    10 years ago

I will have to try and make this! It is a little ways from us but not too bad. Do you have any idea what cuttings/ plants will be available?

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Awwww! I wish I was closer and didn't have to work Sunday! I would be there in a heart beat!

Mark

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

Jen,
    The golf tournament planned for this weekend was cancelled. I'll have to talk to the boss and maybe we can make it from Ft. Worth to San Marcus Sunday.
    I'll let you know tomorrow.

Lonnie

• jandey1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sounds good, Lonnie. You'll love everyone there, and K will happy to have another guy around, LOL. Besides, there's always good shopping to be done by the boss in San Marcos afterward.

Texasplum, don't get too excited, it's still a small group! Most of us usually have some extra seedlings and cuttings we bring, stuff other than plumeria, too. I'll have some desert rose seedlings and mountain laurel, and maybe one Gladys O'Neal plumeria seedling spare.

I've managed to spread the love around to friends, coworkers and their parents here in Austin, so I have fewer for this meeting than I did last month. All part of my evil plan to get everyone else hooked ;-)

Jen

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Wow what a great idea! Sounds like a lot of fun too! Wish I was closer so I can go too. :)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Me too Lynn!!!

Great group..

Besides, I need a new purse!!! ;-)

Have fun you guys!!!

Laura

• jandey1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If Lynn and Laura made one of these meetings, we'd need an extra 24 hours of talk time! Seriously, I always leave after a few hours and still have more things I wanted to ask or talk about!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Funny but I heard the statement...."oh good...I can get a new purse then." already.

Looking forward to it.

J- you are just building a customer base.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Jen, I'm sorry, but I could not make it, I was stuck in Rockport I just got home. We were going to leave yesterday morning about 11am. We got a call around 8am that water was coming out of our garage. Nothing was packed, sheets were washing. I told Gary just go, I will get a ride home. He took his bag and left. We had a leak in our kitchen. We just had it fixed on Monday, the plumbing company came back yesterday and fixed it for no charge. Thank goodness, I was able to get a ride home today, or I would have had to stay there until next Friday. Barbra

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Had a great time with everyone. Here is the bevy of blooms that we talked shop about.

• jandey1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, yeah, K showed up with a bag full of blooms to sniff and compare. They were wonderful, showed us what we're working towards! Also may have helped me ID a NOID I have.

Had a great time, everyone--thanks again to all for driving so far, and for the lovely plants! Marc, if you're around, it was great to finally see you in person.

Barb, I sent yours home with K. We missed you! Hope the leak was well fixed.

• elucas101
    10 years ago

It was so great to see you guys, especially since I can't post on here as much lately I'm missing out! (my company upgraded their security or something & now I can read but not post - HMPH!)

It was so cool to see all those blooms! Quite a nice bunch there to see all at one time and talk about. It is such a treat to be able to trade plants and talk talk talk plants even if the people in the food court think we're crazy! haha!

I can't complain at all, actually the food court is the closest to my house so THANK YOU ALL for driving so far! You guys are awesome, thanks for the plants!

Barbara, you were certainly missed and I'm so sorry you had a water leak to deal with a second time around, as if once isn't plenty! Hope to see you next time.