Guillot Sunset

Posted by rox146 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 20:27

First time Guillot Sunset has bloomed for me....nice scent. roxanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Guillot Sunset

Rox,
Very pretty flower, luv the colors. May I ask where did you get it from?
I could be wrong but based on that one pic and the angle it looks a bit different than Guillots. Here is a pic of mine taken after the June Gloom last year so it was still cool around 72 to 75 degrees. Buds big tree in Huntington Beach looks the same as mine during the early months of summer.
Guillots Snapped off photo IMG_2539_zps6582d1ca.jpg

Again I may be wrong based on that single bloom, but you may want to contact the person you got the Guillots from and have them verify... Just an FYI.
Again gorgeous colors...
Cheers thanks for sharing.

Mahalo nui loa

o

well, it was tagged Guillots...wonder what the difference is between sunrise and sunset? Love yours much better than mine. I have 1 I won at the raffle that Bill donated last year...should bloom next year and then I have 1 it has taken me FOREVER to root from Derrick at Paradise. This one was from Lowes about 4 years ago...thanks so much for your in put....really like yours, what is the scent?

o

Rox,
Thanks. My Guillots is from Buds tree via Marilynn.
Hmmmm... Scent? I seem to remember a rose note to it, but not super strong, I am not really a scent person, more visual. Ill have to check when I go to my patch Fri to get some cuttings and Ill let you know as its blooming. Shaun will be sending off your cutting this week after I cut it this Fri.

Oh and if you got a Guillots from Bill it also would be from Buds tree, so you got the real deal from him.
Guillots has a good growth habit, great bloomer.

Cheers

o

My Guillot's is the fastest growing of all my plumies (and the largest) - I love it!

These are what my flowers look like in intense heat (actually, slightly redder than they are here):

When it's not as hot, they look more like freak's picture.

o

well, I have decided after all the help from this great and wonderful forum that I must have at least 5 mislabeled trees I thought /assumed had the correct name. Hoping Laura and Peg can maybe tell me their true identity when they are here. Mahalo for all your help.

o

I also agree that it is a fast growing tree. Laura gave this to me as a cutting for my birthday 3-4 years ago. It has produced an inflo for me but it was over the winter and I lost it :( I was amazed at the speed of growth though! It definitely is one of my most vigorous trees!

Andrew

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here