Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mauiluvr

flowers not opening.....

mauiluvr
12 years ago

Hi,

I live in San Diego where the weather has been warm. But my flowers are not opening :( can anyone help?

Thanks

P.S.

On a different plant it has black tip, what can I use? we can not find fung away. I actually thought it was burnt from the sun, but I now know it is black tip.

Thank again

Debbie

Comments (6)

• labland
    12 years ago

Do you have a photo? What does the inflo look like, are flowers developing, and then not opening, turning black, etc.?

I can tell you last year I had a plant that developed inflos, the blossoms developed, and got ready to open and never opened. Also at the same time, the claws never developed into leaves. Turned out thst the roots had been inadvertently broken off the plant when it was transplanted into the planter my husband built. It that is what is happening to you, that might be the problem. Also, weather changes, can screw things up, I.e. Severe heat like we have been having lately can cause adverse effects.

• vikrantsingh
    12 years ago

I had a bali whirl and the same thing happened 2 me. Maybe it was change of weather cuz for me it was warm and winter came so then it got cold.

• mauiluvr
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I do have photos, I just don't know how to up load them. The plant has been in the same pot for years now, so the roots have not been disturbed. The flowers are developed just not opening up all the way. Nothing is turning black.
    So maybe it is the crazy weather.

• labland
    12 years ago

I have one like that right now. It is my Playful and the flowers are ready to open, they just haven't yet. I just check it every day. Good luck!

Also, to download images to this forum, you can use Photobucket, which I use because it has an iPad version, or Image Shack, which I have used with my PC. Very easy to use. Bill (tdogdad) uses Imageshack. The nice thing about both of them is you can copy the image directly to the message, rather than using a link--- easier for the reader of yur message. Both are FREE.

Good luck.

• labland
    12 years ago

To add to my post of this morning. My Playful blossoms had not yet opened this morning, but when I returned home this afternoon, one of them finally opened. Patience is a virtue! Good luck.

• plumeriahut
    12 years ago

try and give your plant 1/2 tsp. plant epsom salt per gallon distilled water... it's never to hot for plumeria...mine sit in 12 hours direct sunlight.

the black tip can be cut off to prevent the black tip from spreading. if you would like to treat your plumies best is to use anything natural...for instance a drop of dawn dish detergent per spray bottle....the plumies love it!

visit my website at plumeriahut.com

hope this info helps all of you

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County