Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flowers not opening.....

Posted by mauiluvr (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 20:28

Hi,
I live in San Diego where the weather has been warm. But my flowers are not opening :( can anyone help?
Thanks

P.S.
On a different plant it has black tip, what can I use? we can not find fung away. I actually thought it was burnt from the sun, but I now know it is black tip.
Thank again
Debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flowers not opening.....

• Posted by labland Inland Valley CA9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 15:53

Do you have a photo? What does the inflo look like, are flowers developing, and then not opening, turning black, etc.?

I can tell you last year I had a plant that developed inflos, the blossoms developed, and got ready to open and never opened. Also at the same time, the claws never developed into leaves. Turned out thst the roots had been inadvertently broken off the plant when it was transplanted into the planter my husband built. It that is what is happening to you, that might be the problem. Also, weather changes, can screw things up, I.e. Severe heat like we have been having lately can cause adverse effects.

o

I had a bali whirl and the same thing happened 2 me. Maybe it was change of weather cuz for me it was warm and winter came so then it got cold.

o

I do have photos, I just don't know how to up load them. The plant has been in the same pot for years now, so the roots have not been disturbed. The flowers are developed just not opening up all the way. Nothing is turning black.
So maybe it is the crazy weather.

o

Fri, Jul 15, 11 at 11:06

I have one like that right now. It is my Playful and the flowers are ready to open, they just haven't yet. I just check it every day. Good luck!

Also, to download images to this forum, you can use Photobucket, which I use because it has an iPad version, or Image Shack, which I have used with my PC. Very easy to use. Bill (tdogdad) uses Imageshack. The nice thing about both of them is you can copy the image directly to the message, rather than using a link--- easier for the reader of yur message. Both are FREE.

Good luck.

o

Sat, Jul 16, 11 at 0:27

To add to my post of this morning. My Playful blossoms had not yet opened this morning, but when I returned home this afternoon, one of them finally opened. Patience is a virtue! Good luck.

o

try and give your plant 1/2 tsp. plant epsom salt per gallon distilled water... it's never to hot for plumeria...mine sit in 12 hours direct sunlight.

the black tip can be cut off to prevent the black tip from spreading. if you would like to treat your plumies best is to use anything natural...for instance a drop of dawn dish detergent per spray bottle....the plumies love it!

visit my website at plumeriahut.com

hope this info helps all of you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here