Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does the Dole plantation on Oahu still sell Plumeria?

Posted by TruNorth7 8b (SF Bay Area) (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 12 at 20:40

A friend of mine is going to Hawaii at the end of this month (wish I was!) and I think I can convince her to bring me back some cuttings.
I know that the Dole plantation used to sell JL plumeria, but does anyone know if they still do? If you've bought there recently, did they have a good selection? What cultivars did you get? Are they named? Multi-tip? Quality? Did they root?

Thanks!
Rachel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does the Dole plantation on Oahu still sell Plumeria?

• Posted by Tropic_7 9 West Bradenton Flo (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 2, 12 at 21:08

Rachel, I just checked out their on line store and didn't see any plant materials at all.

Here's their Contact Information

Dole Plantation 

64-1550 Kamehameha Highway 

Wahiawa, Hawaii 96786 

Phone: 808-621-8408 

Fax: 808-621-1926
Email: sales@dole-plantation.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Dole Plantation website

o

I was told "No". Had to do with the JL cuttings and him not wanting them to carry them anymnore

o

Rachel,

They do! I was just there, well end of April into early May and there is a booth setup just outside the entrance which is currently selling JL Plumeria. I have the catalog which I can forward to you if you like. (1 page PDF)

The selection was good, although most were 1 tipped, digging through the cuttings I found a 2 tipped Cindy Schmidt & Kimo, 1 tipped Waimea and after speaking to the lady selling she pulled out a 3 tip Lei Rainbow. She said to let her know in advance if you are coming and what you are interested in, I'd be happy to share her contact info with you. Prices were good, ALL have rooted and have sizeable leaves. She does a deal there, buy 3 get 1 free, hard to beat!

Wendy

o

Yippee! Thanks Wendy! Will you send me the catalog?

Rachel

o

I emailed you, but couldn't attach the catalog from gweb. I tried to upload it here however the file is too large. Shoot me an email and I will send it on over.

Wendy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here