Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachplant

Siam Gold

beachplant
11 years ago

Since I can't attend the plumeria sale and I want to feed my variegated plant addiction I've decided to order some variegated plummies from an e-bay seller who also has Siam Gold.

Anyone have any experience with this one? I love the foliage. I assume it will need protection from the hot Texas afternoon sun.

Thanks tons!

Tally HO!

Comments (14)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

I would love a variegated one. I don't even care what kind it is.

Laura. What kind is yours? And where did you get it

Mike

• nativec
    11 years ago

Beachplant I'll be curious to know how your overall experience goes with the seller. I only have one variegated plumie, Maya. I'd love more but I always hesitate with the out of country sellers. Keep us updated please.

Nicole

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone,

My Varigated is a Maya.

It was given to me as a gift ..I think it came from an ebayer from Thailand. Hopefuly she will see this post and respond with the info.

It has grown quite a bit since I first received this beauty.. I do keep it from direct sun as well.

Take care,

Laura

• beachplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have one variegated, no idea what it is and it hasn't bloomed,unrooted cutting bought a couple of years ago from Buried treasures during one of their sales.
    It grows great and is almost 5' tall. I'm hoping for blooms in another year or two.

I'll keep you up to date, I plan to order in the next couple of weeks. She combines shipping so it's really not too bad of a deal, the plummies range from $8 for Maya to $12, rooted plants and great reviews. I know someone who ordered other plants from this seller with good results or I wouldn't go for it. She has some gorgeous adeniums which might just land in the cart.
    Tally HO!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Tally - I apologize if I have the wrong Buried Treasures, but please go to garden watchdog before you order. Look beyond the recent Review Grid.

• beachplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I ordered from buried treasures years ago, I'm not sure they are even still in business, I always had great luck with them. I have some gorgeous adeniums I got from them years ago, always during one of their sales. They were a reseller. This is an e-bay seller in Thailand I plan to order from.
    Tally HO!

• pcput
    11 years ago

I also have a Maya and was bought from the same seller as Laura's. His ebay is anyamanee_p . I checked on old GW posts and they all agreed he is a good seller. I've ordered from him 5 or 6 times. I have only ordered plants but know 2 others who have ordered cuttings with no problems to speak of. I had 2 plants that rotted after I got them and with pics he will replace them. One he has replaced twice. It takes almost a month for me to get them and you have a month to file a complaint on ebay so you have to let him know if they arrived bad. I have had no problems with ones that went bad after that though. I let him know right away if something doesn't look good when I get it. The only problem is he is sometimes not good with emails. His english is not good so always try to keep it as simple as possible. He sometimes lets you know he has shipped but most of the time not. I had 1 order last fall that never arrived and no emails were answered. Just before the month cut off I filed a complaint and he refunded my money ASAP. He was to send 2 replacement with that order but it was then too cold to ship any. I placed an order this spring and reminded him he still owed me the 2 replacements so he put them in the new order. One of the other people had problems with cutting that were shipped when it was cold but he replaced them for him. I wouldn't order too late in the season as they have a long way to come. The grafts are kind of funny looking too but seem to be fine. I'm sure beachplant this is the seller as he is the only one I've seen with that vari.Siam Gold. In fact I have one on order right now. If you get one we can compare notes. Dave may see this one as he just got an order too. Good Luck Peg

• beachplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

yes! Same seller! It won't be cold here till December at the earliest. So I am not worried about ordering them this month. I figured about a month on shipping.
    Thanks!
    Tally HO!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Matt has a Varigated Maya up for bids...

Thought you all might be interested..

have fun!!!

Laura

• beachplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

who is Matt?
    Tally HO!

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

beach

Matt is 1 stop aloha on Ebay or Oahu tropicals on facebook.

Mike

• beachplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks!
    Tally HO!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

If y'all don't feel like ordering from overseas, contact Brad's. They usually carry at least two different types of variegated plumies, though they may be out of rooted ones at the moment.

• beachplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I`ll give them a shout, I can wait if they will have some in the future.
    Tally HO!