Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quaching

Lowe's plumeria's

Quaching
10 years ago

So I ended up at Lowe's in Daphne Alabama today looking for some plant tags since I have 66 plumeria seeds and every one of them sprouted. I didn't find the plant tags but I found that our local Lowe's finally got some Jungle Jack plumeria's in stock. Keep in mind that in Alabama its very rare to find Lowe's or Home Depot carrying plumeria's. Anyway, the manager of the garden dept saw me looking at them and asked if I was interested. They were priced at 19.98 each and looked pretty good. The manager made a deal with me and gave me each one for $12.50 so I ended up taking 5 of them home. I ended up with two Thai Jade, two Jack's Pink, and one Divine. They all have 4 or 5 branches. I just couldn't pass them up for $12.50 each. I also have 145 more seeds on order with Brad. Plus I already have about 35 other plumeria's that are in my yard. I think its going to be a busy winter. I have turned my entire two car garage into a greenhouse but this is going to be a lot to take care of.

Does anyone own a Jack's Pink? I couldn't find it on Jungle Jacks website and I really want to see what it looks like.

Comments (19)

• pcput
    10 years ago

Can you say score!!!
    Peg

• texasplum
    10 years ago

nice!

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

Nice!!! My Lowes didn't get any that said Jack's pink. If you call John at JJ's he can probably tell you what it is. I'm already worrying about winter. I can either give up 2 spare bedrooms(husband already nixed that idea), leave the cars in the drive and use the entire 2 car garage( I nixed that idea, not leaving MY car in the drive) so it looks like the big ones in the ground get frost blankets and Christmas tree lights, the youngsters will most likely get a new greenhouse.

• Minderella
    10 years ago

My Lowes has California Sunset andDivine

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Nice find and deal!

That's a ton of seeds too.

Mike

• Quaching
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone, I guess I will call John at JJ's and see if he can explain to me what it looks like....or show me a picture.

Peg, I thought the same thing.....I said score like 15 times on the way home, haha.

Minderella, I would have been in even more trouble if my local Lowe's would have had California Sunset. Its probably a good thing they didn't offer more options.

The purpose for all the seeds is to grow them for a year and then sell each one for dirt cheap (enough to cover my costs of growing them) to people that live in my area. I'm hoping that one day I can drive through my town and spot random plumeria's in everyone's yard.....how could you have a bad day after seeing that??? Plus its just fun growing them and of course I will end up keeping one or two....or ten.

The best part is that I never even asked for a discount on the plumeria's. I guess the guy just saw the look on my face and completely understood.

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Wow! That like a steal! I always check my Lowes and they never have anything! Good find!

Mark

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

Same here Mark.

Great score -- Quaching.
    Lonnie

• beachplant
    10 years ago

SCORE! I have to go to Lowes tomorrow, I doubt if our area got any but you never know.

Tally Ho!

• Quaching
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well I spoke with JJ's today and I'm not sure if it was John that I spoke with but they guy was really nice. I asked him about the Jack's Pink and he said that isn't what they named it but the vendor may have named it a generic Jack's Pink, so I won't know until it blooms. I'm sure once it blooms I'll be really happy with it, especially for $12.50. Plus, I haven't really seen too many pinks that I don't like.

Maark and beachplant, if the Lowe's in Daphne, Alabama has plumeria's then I don't see how your local Lowe's isn't carrying them, we never get plumeria's here....except for this year. When I spoke with JJ's today the guy told me that they are hoping to start distributing more varieties in my area next year, I can't wait.

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

That is just such a great deal for healthy plants!

My guess is even a generic Jungle Jack's is a really good plant.

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Hey you just never know! My NOID Pink turned out to be Tiger. I am sure you will be very happy with your plants once they all bloomed. It's kind of exciting not knowing. ;)

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Awesome, Q! What a great haul, and incredible prices! You are going to have your hands full, lol.

I like your idea about spreading the seedlings around so you can enjoy them as you drive around. That made me smile.

• Quaching
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So I think my wife is going to kill me now. I ended up calling another local Lowe's to see if they had plumeria's and it turned out they did. The lady in the garden center told me over the phone that they only had white and pink plumeria's left but she would give them to me for $10 each because they were trying to make sure they all sell this year. So I drive up to the Lowe's and they actually didn't have any white's left and they only had one pink left. They did however have about 10 California Sunset's and 2 Dragon Tear's. My wife has already put me on restriction from buying plumeria's because I already have too many but I couldn't help it. I bought 1 of the JJ's California Sunsets and 1 of the JJ's Dragon Tear's Plumeria's. I couldn't help it, they were only $10 each. Now I have to find a way to tell my wife.

• plumygirl
    10 years ago

Too funny! Just tell your wife "they followed me home..what could I do?"

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Oh, I'd wish they had those plumerias for that price here too!! Good job!

• beachplant
    10 years ago

None at the two closest Lowe`s. None at the others I called. Forced to buy an avocado at 70% off.
    Great score for $10! I probably would have brought them all an snuck them into the backyard.
    Tally Ho!

• vishprasad06
    9 years ago

does anyone know what the divine varieties are called at lowes (do they have a tag on them stating that they are the "divine" type)? I called my local lowes down here in SoCal and they said they might be recieving a shippment of plumerias this friday....time to go see :)

• mjhuntingtonbeach
    9 years ago

I stopped by my local Lowes last weekend and was surprised to see they were selling very small JJ plumerias, "Divine" and "Mini White" in 4 inch pots for $6.99 each. They looked recently rooted, so you'll have to nurse them through the winter, but should do fine potted up in 1 gallons next spring. The tags clearly indicate which variety is which. Good luck.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES