Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

Just what are the chances?

honeybunny2 Fox
11 years ago

I made up my mind I was not going to buy any more plants. I ordered plants in May that will be rooted in August, that was going to be it. Then last week I was depressed, and needed something to cheer me up, I ordered 3 plants from Emerson. This week I find out there is a PSA sale that I can drive to and get a large plant. None of this was planned. Next week will be the Corpus PSA sale, which I have promised Allene I would attend. I can't win, temptation everywhere. I know this is an addiction, but have convinced my husband its a form of therapy. I can't believe how excited I am about going to the Fort Bend PSA Sale. It will be my first PSA sale. I can't wait to meet everyone, I will be the one wearing a peacock feather LOL Barbra

Comments (8)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Have fun Barbra!!

YOU deserve this...

Love those sales.. Wear shoulder pads and a Helmet when entering...LOL

Have a great time!!!

Laura

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Yes have a great time!! I hear you about the temptation everywhere. I keep saying I must stop buying b/c I'm moving... but then I kept buying just one more! So this is what it feels like to have an addiction. LOL

• joanr
    11 years ago

Barbra,

I am so excited that you are coming to the PSA sale. I will be looking for the lady with the "peacock feather".

And I agree, they are very addicting! Just when you think "Okay, I'm finished, I'm not buying any more", someone has to post another beauty on here and there I go again!!!!

So now Rhonda, Scentsational, Taj Mahal..... are on my wish list. See how addicting it is to all of us :)

See you Saturday,
    Joan

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have this perfect portable carry on that would be perfect to take to the PSA sale, for plants. It is now sealed in an ipod in front of my house. What are the chances. My husband asked if there was anything I needed in the next 3 weeks, I told him the slow cooker. Never thought about the carry on. I hope I get to the sale early so I can get a cart. Barbra

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Hi Barbra...I'll see if I can make it to the sale too. I had planned on going to the lake but with this week's rain it will probably be full of floating debris and logs...yuk.

I'll talk with you there about the Corpus Christi sale. Its a good excuse to take the girls to the beach for the day.

• plucrazy
    11 years ago

I went to Wallyworld Thursday to get a Rx and went in the garden center entrance as usual and lo, and behold, what was sitting there but six large plumerias. RRRGGGG. So I went over to look and there was no tags or names on them. One had an inflo, but most of all, they did not look healthy at all. The were big but half of them had rust on the leaves and just didn't look like mine do. They were only $20 but even that couldn't convince me to bring them home to my bunch.
    Then this morning I decided to check Home Depot again since even Walmart had them. And sure enough there was a palette sitting out in front with a bunch on it, they looked to be from the same place the Walmart ones were from. I just will not bring home some unhealthy looking plants. So I guess my addiction is cured. Clara

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Plucrazy,

I saw some at our Costco and Armstrong too. Both were from C-star. But like you said these didn't look very healthy at all. The smaller ones at Armstrong 1 gal was $16.99 but very young looking. The larger ones were $54.99... for that price I might as well go to JJ's and have my pick of beauties.

The plants from Costco did not look good!! Limp, wobbly and the trunks were very dry, squishy, wrinkly and skinny! I was soo not tempted... so maybe I'm not such a bad addict after all. LOL

• beachplant
    11 years ago

naw, we`re just picky addicts. But I lie to myself all the time too. Just one more, I have the perfect spot for that cactus....

Have fun! I so wish was off tomorrow. The temptation is there to call in sick but I already worked ot this week. Don`t want to lose it. It is paying for my addictions.
    Tally HO!