Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stormys_mom

anyone know anything about Durham Botanicals

stormys_mom
11 years ago

Nothing on garden watchdog. They are located in South Florida. I havent heard about them before. They dont have a big Plumeria selection, but some nice looking adeniums.

Jackie

Comments (17)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

I've wondered about them as well. I thought about ordering a Bangkok Red from them but went with another vendor.

-Robert

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

I didn't recognize the name until I went to the website. IF I remember correctly, you have to email them instead of simply ordering from the site. They lost me there because I'm into immediate gratification! I fit in so well with the younger generation in that way. LOL

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    11 years ago

I don't know anything about them beforehand. But I did search and they seem pretty 'legit.' They also sell on ebay and their ebay profile has 100% positive feedback and more than 2,000 feedback received.

I'd order from them but I don't see anything there to my interest, maybe if I can find a dark-red double adenium...

Looks like their stock is imported from Thailand. By the way, I notice Durham Botanicals sells Som Karasin; This variety is also known as Penang Peach according to Dr Kukiat.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://myworld.ebay.com/greenemann

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    8 years ago

I have used Chris before and have had great results!!!

Laura

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    8 years ago

I have used Chris for Desert Rose with great results.

Lonnie

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    8 years ago

Since my initial posting 3 years ago I, also, have bought from Chris. Got some great deals on grafted cuttings straight out of Thailand. They've done great.

• beachlorax
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I had never heard of them. I checked them out and thought they had a pretty good selection. Ordering was easy so I got a Maya. I'll post again when it arrives.

• phalanx_viridis
    8 years ago

Great adeniums at great prices... Especially arabicums and healthy Thai plumeria cultivars. Shipping can be pricey to California though.

• scott_madison Zone 5a- Madison, WI
    8 years ago

I purchased an adenium from them this spring. Beautiful specimen! Posted it upon arrival and it is growing very well.

• beachlorax
    8 years ago

Two foot rooted grafted Maya arrived in 6 days Florida to California. Awesome.

• Greg 9B
    8 years ago

I was looking at some sites doing grafted, and it just turned me off. Not sure why, since I'm no pro. I'm new, so I bought some rooted plants non grafted from both Brads Buds and Blooms (via mail) and others from Exotic Plumeria nursery in Tampa which I visited in person. Pretty happy with both so far. These are Central Florida locations.

The rooted mailed plants came free of soil in wet newspaper, now in the teal and black containers. (came yesterday).

• Carol Stevens
    7 years ago

I really like Durham Botanicals. I have had wonderful luck and will continue to place orders there. Good people with healthy plants and fair prices.

• Carol Stevens
    7 years ago

I have dealt with Durham Botanicals on several occasions. I have been blown away by the quality plumeria I have received from there. I had to write another review because I once again just got amazing plants from them. Prompt shipping too!

• Carol Stevens
    5 years ago

Yes, once again I was extremely pleased with my Plumeria order. This time it was for "Maya" Plumeria. It came promptly and packed safely, and no I do not know them!

• Suzanne MAXINE Uzoff
    3 years ago

Always pleased and they have a good healthy selection and prices.

• Carol Stevens
    3 years ago

Yes, I have done a lot of business with them. All mail order. They live here in South FL but choose to only ship. I was worried about quality at first but turns out, I couldn't have done better anywhere else!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner