Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

A couple of things to make you smile!!!

Hello everyone,

I had a visitor that came by to see me today.

Her name is Peggy and she is a new "Plumeria Addict" from VB. LOL

Please make her feel welcome if you all see here post, she is learning about all of these Plumeria and DR's and is very excited to be a part of this forum!!!

I had to chuckle when she left...i was saying goodbye to her and this is what she had on the back of her window..

this goes to show..."She is one of us!!! LOL"

{{gwi:1188984}}

I also have this DR than looks like she is giving everyone the "MOON" LOL...now i noticed that she looks like she has even more of an attitude with her new seed pod...looks to me like she is giving someone the "finger...LOL"

This little DR really has an attitude...LOL!!

{{gwi:1188986}}

{{gwi:1188987}}

Hope these pics made you chuckle!!! I sure did get a kick from them!!!

Take care everyone!!!!

Laura in VB

Comments (20)

• pcput
    12 years ago

Thanks for the intro Laura. Don't we just love feeding our addiction. You can get more on ebay than just plants. Hubby thinks it sounds like a disease and I guess he doesn't know how right he is. Peg

• meyermike_1micha
    12 years ago

Oh have I got a plumeria to show you..lol I think our plumerias are related somehow!
    Maybe my foot will allow me to step outside and shoot a couple of pictures of Plumeria that a generous Bill gave me and DR that that a generous Laura gave me!
    I finally have a reason to post here other than I have a few very close friends here.
    Hi peggy if your looking and welcome. Thanks to such a wonderful group of people, you will find plumeria and DR growing a rewarding experience. Nice to meet you:-). It was here that I met Laura, thank God!

Boy did I get a chuckle out of that one on her car! So did Mom. She also thanks you for the laugh and sends you a big hug!

Beautiful Plants as always Laura, even if they have a attitude.:-)

Mike

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello everyone,

Hi PEG!!!!

SO you found that sticker on line?

IT is better thsn a disease...LOL!!!! No treatment for this!!! Just buy more...thats the only treatment!!!!

lol

Glad to see you post....you;ll find plenty of kind helpful people here willing to help you...

Thanks for the great visit and for the other little things that u brought!!! Love those seedlings!!!

Take care everyone...

Laura in VB

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    12 years ago

All right! Another plumeria person in Virginia! Welcome Peg! It we weren't so far away from each other, we could start a club.

Finally my DR is growing after having broken off three major branches in a wind storm earlier this summer. We'll see if I can keep from killing it this winter.

Laura, that Miami Rose is now 5 feet high and still growing. You may need to bring a U-Haul.

Dave

• pcput
    12 years ago

Thanks Mike. I lucked out and live close to a GREAT mentor. I've been sitting in the side wings reading everyone's posts and learning. Glad you like my sign. Peg

• labland
    12 years ago

Laura,

I love that particular DR. She definitely has an attitude!!!

Love the sticker too!

Peg, welcome.

• pcput
    12 years ago

Hi Dave, glad your DR and plumerias are doing so good. I heard there are quite a few addicts in VA.

Hi Labland, thanks for the welcome. Glad you like the sticker Peg

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Dave,

Really? A U-Haul? LOL I'll bring the truck with the enclosed cab....Im sure your wife will be cheering me on LOL!!!

Then guess what kind of eye rolling ill get when i bring it home!! LOL!!!

I'll have to check on the dates, Ill email you today and set something up. Sounds very exciting, always glad to be a new mom!!!!

Peg,
    We do have a few addicts here in Va.

Dave in Nova
    Dave P in Northern Va
    Khandi in north western Va
    James in northern Va ps...how are you James? Missed you posting!!!
    You, (Peg) Va Beach
    Teresa Va Beach
    There are a few others too!

Thanks Jen,

Great sticker isnt it? I loved seeing it, made my day and of course having Peg stop by to chat about Plumies!

Mike,

Yours are looking great! they will do fine again this year!!

ThAT DR does have an attitude..LOL !!! Thats what is so funny, about after the other forum chatter on Abbrev's , LOL..this is what it did!!! I guess, it had something to say to someone!!! LMAO!!! Sorry, but i cant help form chuckling!!! SOmetimes we dont need words....

Take care everyone,

Hope all is well with you guys and gals!!!

Cheers!!!

Laura in VB

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Welcome to the fourm Peg! I'm not sure if I would consider myself a plumeria addict since I've actually been pretty good with my plumeria purchases, but one thing I am sure of is that I love plumerias. My yard wouldnt look the same without them! The leaves alone are something to talk about and when they bloom, its 100 times nicer.

I guess when someone posts something we dont like we can just post a pic of that Desert Rose seed pod, lol. Im finally getting some buds on my Desert Rose. It was in very bad shape when I repotted it, but it looks like its actually going to have a nice blooming season afterall. I'm not sure if I can keep it alive inside, but I'll give it another try!

-Alex

• pcput
    12 years ago

Thanks for the welcome Alex. I have a DS that I've had for 2 years. It bloomed the 1st spring with 4 - 3" flowers that made a circle around the plant. This spring it bloomed with a dozen 1 1/2" flowers. I have no idea why the difference in the blooms. They can be a challenge in the winter. I keep mine in a sun filled window but don't water much. It never drips all the leaves but looks sad all winter. I how have 20 seedlings 1" - 1 1/2" tall. Peg

• meyermike_1micha
    12 years ago

Laura: As long as it flowers for me, I don't care what attitude it has..lol
    You are so right. It does give me a chuckle every time I look at it.lol It seems to be making the ones around it blush.lol

Peggy: Look at that. You are already having a good time and meeting wonderful people! You are so right, they can be very challenging. This winter I am going to keep them under lights and water when they dry out so the roots don't dessicate before the next watering. That is what happened to my special plant Laura sent me.:-(
    Can't wait to see some of your plant too.

Cheers all! Have a splendid summery day while we have them.

Mike

• Hunter_M
    12 years ago

Hi,Laura!
    Hi,Peg!
    Welcome!
    I only have one plumeria but I hope to extend my collection soon!
    I really want the plumeria that has a white flower and yellow in the middle.
    I know laura and alex have it.
    I like your car's sticker! Its cool. :)
    I used to live in va.(Bedford) I loved va. I was born and raised there.:) I was hoping to go back next year but it looks like Im going to kentucky.
    You are lucky to live close to laura! I wish I could meet her in person but I live too far away. At least we can talk on the forum!
    Back on plants,Ever since one of Alex's posts I have liked plumerias. I really think they are great plants. Mine being about 1ft. tall I hope it makes flowers this year!
    Again,welcome to the forum,Peg!I really like gardenweb forums.
    Hi,Laura!
    -Hunter

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Alex....LOL you are definately an addict!!! "Denial" LOL ids the true sign!!! You are way to funny!!!
    Hope all is growing well for you up North!!! We did have those strong storms and it was really windy here, hail and tons of rain.

Mike,

You are right some of the other DR's have turned their backs to this one!!! LOL they are also blushing too! LOL!!

Alex has a good point!!! When we have had it with some of the other forums.....we can just post this pic of the DR and we can all just sit back and chuckle...

Great idea Alex!!!

Hunter,

Im soo glad to hear that u have a Plumeria!! You will enjoy going with your family to Kentucky.

All of your plants and tropicals will adjust in time. Im glad to see you here on this forum too! You will meet some great people here who also love palms and other tropicals.

Thanks for the nice comments!!! If you would like to try a second cutting of the one you are talking about..email me and we can talk. OK? go to my page and then you can find my email or if you cant find it then just reply to this post and ill post it for you!!!

Take care everyone!!!!

Laura in VB

• Hunter_M
    12 years ago

Hi,Laura!
    I just sent you an email. Hope you get it!
    -Hunter

• tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
    12 years ago

Laura, I'm new to Plumeria and can't resist to post a msg to your thread. Your Adenium DRs are soooooo beautiful. I've just started some Plumeria from seeds (got it from Brad's Buds and Blooms). I also have Adenium DR started from seed as well but so far only 1 germinated. I am waiting for the seedlings to grow a bit bigger before posting a pic or 2 here. I was just oooh'g and ahhhh'g over your beautiful plants. I also showed my coworkers your DRs and they were loving them as well. :) There is no doubt that your pretty plants make me smile. :)

Kuan

• Hunter_M
    12 years ago

Not sure if my email went through. Did you get it Laura?
    -Hunter

• meyermike_1micha
    12 years ago

Yes Laura. Alex had a great idea..lol

Lets' do it!

You see, coming to your thread is making me smile again.:-))))

Mike

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

I was definitely smiling while reading everyone's responses to this thread! lol. And yes, I definitely a plumeria addict, and tropical plant addict in general! I might have to move to Alaska just to keep myself from getting too many! But if Im going to move anywhere, its going to be down to Florida where I can have some (a lot of) nice tree sized plumerias!

Laura, hope the storms werent too brutal by you, I heard NC had some severe storms so Im sure VB was getting those also. We had a bad thunderstorm here about 2 days ago that took the power out for a few hours. But the good news is that we got the rain and even though the wind was pretty bad and the lightning was the worst so far this year, I didnt see any damage anywhere in the area.

-Alex

• pcput
    12 years ago

Hi Mike, I have 1 bigger DR but it doesn't have any character yet. Maybe after I've repotted it a few more times it will start taking shape. I'm having issues with posting pics but Laura is helping me with that. Everyone is so welcoming on here.

Hi Hunter, I know how luck I am to live close to Laura. I am increasing my collection of plumerias too. I managed to root my 1st cutting and have it bloom. It's a celadine and smells sooooo good. I just found out today that my pink plastic is showing roots and has an inflo. Thanks for the welcome and glad you liked the sticker. Peg

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

Hi Hunter...You have mail!!! LOL

Peg, we will get you fixed up on the pics...
    Everyone here on the forum is very helpful...see? I told you!!! LOL...you will enjoy it here!

Tweetybaby,

Thank you for the nice comments. Those Dr's really do have different personalities!! I took some more pics today and will post them tonight! I really cut them back hard to encourage more branching and growth. Honestly, i was scared to death to do it, but a good friend encouraged me and it finally is showing why it needed the "haircut" LOL...

Welcome to the forum!!

We always like to see pics...so let see some if you want to post!!

Take care everyone...

HI MIke!! I saw Josh posting here!! Its great to see him on this side!!!

Hi Josh!!! : )

Laura in VB