Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elucas101

2nd 1Yr Penang Peach Seedling BLOOM!

elucas101
10 years ago

Today I had a special surprise waiting for me when I got home from work! It started opening yesterday but I couldn't see a whole lot of course, just a total tease- agony! When I got home today I went out immediately hoping it was open and was not disappointed!!!

I was took about 15 photos, but none of them looked even close to what the flower looks like in person. So I had to wait a while until I could get the closest shot possible.

It's really nice :) A deep dark pink (the photos make it look lighter than it is) with a yellow-orange center and beautiful radiating dark pink lines. It's also a decent size, I'd guess about 2.5" right now.

Close up:

Something funny - I smelled a faint but really nice scent - kind of classic plumeria light, maybe fruity? (The bad news is my smeller may be broken and here's why...) I make Russ come out and smell it and look at it - he tells me it looks exactly like the other seedling (Thai Mango Blush) I showed him yesterday :((( I tell him he is wrong and make him smell it before dragging him to look at the other seedling again. He says, without knowing squat about this plant, "it smells like peaches." I said it didn't and he said "Yes it does, it smells just like a peach." So I smelled it again and could detect the slightest peachiness but he swears it does. I only believe him because it is a PP seedling after all! Haha!

I'm absolutely thrilled with this one, what a wonderful surprise!

Comments (10)