Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone interested in doing a trade?

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 21:38

This summer I have some trees that need pruning. I have JJ Christina, Super Round, and Elsie that I also have an Elsie that came rooted to me last year.

I really want a Lurline(not Thai variety) but I have heard some people on Facebook talking about how this variety can be difficult to grow.

I would like to hear from anyone that has experience with growing it.

Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone interested in doing a trade?

Andrew..

I have heard this is difficult as well.. So many stories.

Mine is doing great and I bought mine from Matt. It's growing well, but no blooms.. So don't let some discourage .. You can grow it!!! ;-)

Mine has been growing for two years and it is just fine!!!

Just like any other....

Laura

o

I have one that I bought from mpg and I started 2 more from the mother plant but none of them have ever bloomed. But a person can hope. :) Barb

o

Andrew,
I bought a Lurline cutting in 2006, it was 9 tips and about 3ft long. The first 2 yrs it grew like a weed, then one spring it developed Blacktip for the first time and got it every spring since. I finally have a huge inflo on only one branch. If my Lurline dies or has other issues I will not replace it as it is problematic.
Hope this helps

o

I've got a lurline from fuzzy in hi last year and it hasn't had any trouble yet. No blooms but doesn't seem to be a compact variety either. Mine is a big three tip plant.

o

Disneyhorse,
I got my cutting from the same person as you did. Again the first 2 season it was fine then it started having issues, and after 8 yrs has an inflo. I also heard from others that Lurline can have issues with BT like Donald Angus and a few other plumies.
I hope your Lurline does not have the same issues that others and myself have had.

o

Kimo.. Eight years? Argh!! You have been waiting patiently!!

Congratulations!!!

I applaud you!!

I hope mine doesn't take that long.. Lol. It might need a new home if so!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura

o

Id love to get some cuttings from you.. I dont have any plumerias to trade but I have other things. If you have any extras to help me start my collection that would be great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here