Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Finally. Have Some Blooms!!!!

Hello Everyone!!!!

Here are some pictures of some of my blooms..

They were taken with my iPad, so forgive the clarity.. My computer isn't uploading to well to photobucket, so I went with the iPad today...

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!!!

San Miguel. Getting ready.. ;-)

{{gwi:29970}}
{{gwi:29972}}
{{gwi:29971}}

I have more Inflos.. My Kapalua bloomed and I have it on my computer... I am so frustrated since I can't upload to photobucket from my computer.

My Lavender. ;-). ,Thai Elsie, Thai Super Round , ETLD , Divine , Lani, Taj Mahal, Kauka Wilder also have Inflos.. I am very Excited!!!

Just wanted to share.. Sorry these are from iPad pics.. I wish they were better quality..

My Tuberoses are about to bloom too!! So excited!! ;-)

Wanted to update.. Just finished my nightly walk by and I have noticed something chewing on my leaves.. I know I had slugs, but they seem to have calmed down.. Then I thought I had grasshoppers. Nope. Tonight I found this black nasty looking caterpillar .. Munching away.. Well... He is gone!!! Nasty little thing. I don't like to get rid of living things, but when it comes to the things I love... ( right Greg?). We will take all precautions...

Thinking of you Greg... Hope you are well.. I
Did get updated from Peg and I owe you an email. Hope you are having fun this summer and not working to hard. Enjoy!!! I hope to get down to Florida soon and visit .. Maybe I can make a stop and see the Plumeria and your beautiful yard.. Critter free!! ;-). Love my pink NRA hat!!! HA!!

Peg and I have lunch often and we always think of you... She keeps me updated... Glad you are well!!!

Take care,

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 0:21

Comments (22)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Laura I went down this weekend and only one plumeria was blooming, Kimi Moragne. We are going to have to install a drip irrigation system to water when we are not there, or I am not going to see any blooms this year. Your blooms are beautiful, I am so jealous. Barbra

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Looking great laura!!

Mike

• rox146
    10 years ago

GOSH, Laura...all so pretty...roxanne

• chuy415
    10 years ago

My goodness are they beautiful Laura! Thank you for sharing ;)

Chuy

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Lovely, awesome, beautiful!!!

And I also love the way you wrote each one's name!

Mima

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Beautiful, Laura! You and Jandey inspired me to get a Desert Sunrise, so thanks - if it looks anything like yours, it will be amazing! Can you take a pic of your tuberoses, too, when they bloom? Love that scent. And the Maya looks so cool. As for California Sunset - what's not to like? Then there's Kohala - beautiful! Lurline is beauty, too. I guess I like them all!!

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Laura, LOVE your blooms!!! Gorgeous! Also, your leaves are soooooo green and healthy looking! You're certainly doing something right over there!

• rox146
    10 years ago

wow Laura...so glad I just hooked up smell-a-vision! roxanne

• nativec
    10 years ago

Laura-Lookin' good!! Of course you know I love them all! My stubborn Maya is just now leafing out! I still owe you an email just to get caught up :)

Wish you could have been at JJ's Open House :( It's always a hoot when you get so many plum-a-holics in one space at the same time. I thought about you often as I looked around. There were several there that I thought, "Oh, Laura would LOVE this one!"

Just so you know I was good and only purchased 3 which will bring my new total to just 5 more this season. Lets not talk about overall total (wink-wink)you know a girl has to keep some things a secret!

I'm going to be looking forward to all your other blooms too. I need to get Desert Sunrise, I think I say that every season...LOL I love your Thai Super Round and oh...Taj Mahal(another I keep saying I'm going to get)...grrr. I'm still grieving the loss of my Golden Pagoda. I'm sure your is doing great.

Keep us posted!

XO
    Nicole

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest of them. The Kohala is very unique. I bet as the flower fades and new flowers come on the inflo it will be absolutely stunning.

Now I have to go and modify wish list for Saturday's PSA sale.

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

Looking great, Laura! Congratulations!
    I didn't know California Sunset could throw some 6 petalled blooms. Mine is about to finally bloom so maybe I'll get some. :)
    For some reason it seems this year has taken longer to get blooms but I've lots of inflos so I'm hopeful.
    Wish I could sniff all your gorgeous flowers!

-Robert

• kasiec
    10 years ago

They're all so beautiful Laura.

Kasie

• spiroan
    10 years ago

WOW! Those are REALLY good pictures and gorgeous blooms. Congratulations!

• pcput
    10 years ago

I feel a visit coming on to "smell the plumerias"
    Looking good as always!
    Peg

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

Well Laura, finally! LOL!

Great blooms. Tell me about Desert Sunrise.

Substance? Fragrance? Is this yet another Penang Peach seedling 'cause there's a resemblance?

Can't wait for you to upload all your others.

• purdee54
    10 years ago

Hi Laura. Stunning plants. They all look so healthy! From one photographer to another, your skills with a camera are exceptional. Keep them coming. I have several tuberoses blooming and Bill was right...their scent is Awesome! Take care!

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Laura, LOVE your blooms!!! Gorgeous! Also, your leaves are soooooo green and healthy looking! You're certainly doing something right over there!

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Yum, Laura! Such a nice variety of shapes and colors! I'm looking forward to a dark, dark red bloom one day. Any scent reports?

Dave, I'm so glad I got my Desert Sunrise--it is my prettiest flower, hands down! When it's cooler it looks like Laura's pics, and when it's hotter the thing looks like it's on fire, intense red, orange and cerise. The petals are very thick and they last a long time on the plant and in water after picked.

She must be a PP seedling 'cause she's got a strong hook on the leaves. The only drawback is no scent but the bloom is still worth it. So far she's shrugging off our triple digit weather, too. George, you'll be glad you got her, too!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

I think ii lost this post.. so many post going on !! Great to see!!

Thank you all for the nice comments!!!

Hi Barbra!!! I hope you get you drip system installed.. im sure it is hard driving back and forth.. I would be worried too! I am sure you will have beautiful blooms in TX.. You all down their have Large ones.. LOL!! Everything is big in TX! Right? Good luck.. I can't wait to see some of your pics!!! Thanks for everything... ;-)

Hi Mike!! Thank you!! I can't wait to see yours too!!!

Rox.. You are so kind.. thank you!! You have some beauties at your home.. I am talking.. gorgeous!!!

Hi Chuy... Always nice to hear from you!!! I am sure you will be posting your blooms soon too!! Have fun in Cali!!!

Mima.. Thank you so much!! I just started to watermark some of my pics.. Some people like to take them and use them on their websites as their own. Our resident detective, Emily.. ;-) brought my attention to some.. So now I mark them. Thank you,, I like them too!!!

Hi Nicole.. I have no doubt we would be in major trouble in Cali at JJ's LOL!!!! I think Desert Sunrise is a winner.. You wouldn't believe the color change in 5 days here. The heat has really deepened the color.. I love it!!!

My ears and my heart were at the open house.. I was thinking of you all there and thinking of the time change too! Glad you limited yourself.. ;-) I am sure they' re good ones.. yes, a lady needs to keep some things a secret!!!
    ;-) we all need to keep those totals mum.... right?

My Taj Mahal has an inflo as well as Thai Super Round has bloomed. I will post pics tomorrow.. Especially with the color change.. I was taken back when I came home from my trip with "TEA STAINS" all over me.. LMAO!! ;-)

I noticed inflos on.. Lani.. Saigoon Moon, San Miguel, Aztec Gold, Lavender ( I have been waiting for this one...) Keiki Lavender, Rachaels Cloud, Miami Rose, Kauka Wilder, Thai ELsie, DIvine, Pele, Royal Hawaiian and a few Noids... I m so EXCITED!!!! I wish you were here... sigh!!!

My Golden Pagoda is in the rooting Process.. so I am looking to the Plumeria Gods.. ;-) I am also keeping my fingers crossed too! That is the news..

Thank you for asking.. I am so happy with the inflos this year.. last year I fertilized well. Now it is showing.. So I am keeping up with the same system as last year!!
    xoxox

Hi K.. I agree Kohola is a beauty.. I have more blooms to open , so I will post pics.. How is Psycho? Did it root? I tried to take another pic of Kohola today.. the camera cant pic up the color. SO frustrating.. I love it!! YOU need one.!!! Hope you had a good time at the sale. Sounds like you have taken good care of all of the ladies.. Did your wife get a new purse? ;-)

Hi Robert!!!

My trees were late as well.. But now, they are really taking off. MY inflo total is more than I have ever had. My Desert Sunrise has three heads of blooms and it looks like something you would see in Hawaii.. II am STOKED!!! I wish I had you and your sniffer here too! My Tuberoses are blooming.. I cut a stalk and set it in water and my whole house smells wonderful.. I have no doubt that you will have pics soon too! Thank you AS ALWAYS. I need to post at the fragrant.... ;-) Great eye on the six petals.. that was the first to open and all of the others are five... I missed that, vut you are the only one who spotted it.. Eagle eye!! ;-) Good catch!!! Thank YOU!!!

Hi Kasie!! Thank you so much!! How are your s doing? You have a better start being in Cali ,,, LUCKY!!! ;-)

Hi Spioran.. Thank you!!! I really appreciate the kind comments!! Hope you are having a great summer!!

Hi Peg..

I think it is time.. They re looking beautiful!! We will meet soon. I have inflos popping and I am so happy!! Always fun to have you over and I really love the lunches.. "Im Hungry!!!" ;-)

Hi Dave.. Desert Sunrise? OMG I love her!!! She is a must.. hold on.. I need to go and smell her for you.. ill be right back.. LOL.... back... I am awful at describing fragrance, but she smells of a sweet perfume fragrance to me. She is a beauty.. I am going to post tomorrow the difference in the last five days.. the coloration change is just amazing. The heat we have had has changed her.. she is deeper and just stunning.. I believe she is a seedling of PP. You have to get her, or you can wait and I will give you a cutting when ready!!! Like DIvine.. you will be so happy!!! I sure am. She is a must have...

Hi Manuel,

Thank you so much for the compliments on my pics.. I do like to play with the camera, but the humidity has been a problem. I have to bring the camera out and let it sit to adjust to the temps outside.. I get all fogged up!! LOL!!!

Coming from a Professional Photographer..... thank you!!!
    That means a lot.. Mahalo!!!

I especially liked the pic of San Miguel with the leaves..

Ohhh my Tuberoses are blooming too! I just LOVE Them!!!

Bill was right, they are fabulous...

Always nice to see you post. Thank you!!! ;-)

Take care..

Hi Emily!!! Thank you.. This is a great season for me. The trees are loving the temps and the time in the sunshine. I also think they are so well adjusted in the watering system and fertilizer too! I love the Foliage Pro!!

I wish I could produce such beauties with the seedlings like you!! Congratulations.. I think you need to start your own seedling starter business.. LOL.. You do a great job!!! Thank you.. You are sweetie!!

Hi Jen!!!

Thank You!!! Scent reports.. ETLD is to die for.. I am loving the inflos right now.. I took a pic of a bloom that I measured at 4 inches across. It is huge. This is one fragrant tree.. My Desert Sunrise is very fragrant too!! I see you mentioned the color change.. I am experiencing that right now.. in 5 days, it has changed so much. it is dark orange and just as you descried. I will post tomorrow. I need to upload to photobucket.

I do find it interesting how they all look different all around the country... wonder why mine has a strong fragrance. I just go outside at night.. I know they are more fragrant in the evening too... try at night, Jen!!

George.. YOU will LOVE Desert Sunrise.. Just wait!!! LOL!!! Let us know what you think!!!

Take good care everyone!!!

Ill start a new thread on the blooms..

I cant wait for you to see the color change... OMG!!!

Night... or good morning.. ;-)

Laura

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

Gorgeous blooms Laura! I can't wait to see the others! Is Kohola different than Kahala aka Scott Pratt?

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Laura,
    LOL...She gets a new purse on August 04 when we have our Plumeria Group meeting. I double potted psycho into some pine bark to help control the temps so cannot tell for sure. I am watching it closely.

The only three of this years class which are still rooting are Psycho, Hilo Beauty, and Pua'i ali'i' (which inflo'ed on me and slowed it down).

Haleakala, Black Ruby, Kauka W., Tiki Torch, Possible Edi M.(x2), Lei Rainbow, ET Lemon Drop, Give Away Pink (x2), Pinwheel White, Jeannie Jr., and an Aloha Swap Meet cutting have all graduated.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Powder...

Kohala is deeper in the Magenta color than Scott Pratt.. I would say it is a darker burgundy/purple than Scott Pratt.
    Here is a pic of My Scott Pratt last year...
    {{gwi:6297}}

I love both.. but Kohola is awesome!!!

Jen.. I realized I didn't tell you about the fragrance of Desert Sunrise.. It is a sweet perfume scent. Of course ETLD smells like Lemons and or Lemon Pledge, LOL

K. Leaves on the Psycho? How large?

Have fun at the meeting.. she is a lucky lady!!! lol. Plumies? purses? Both are happy.. ;-)

Let me know about psycho....

thanks!!

Laura

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH