Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb13_gw

first flower of a new seedlings.

barb13_gw
9 years ago

Here is the first flower from one of my seedlings. I can not wait to see what the other flowers on this plant will look like. It is really tall so have to kind of bent it to get the picture. LOL Barb

Comments (18)

• plumeriai45
    9 years ago

I like the pedal structure and color...but I am a sucker for the traditional white and yellow.

Will be interesting to see if the other blooms come out the same way.

• tikitropic
    9 years ago

Congratulations on your flower!!!

Have you had seedlings flower for you before? I like the petal shape but I've heard it can take several blooming cycles before you'll know what the flower will actually turn out to look like. Is that true?

Does it have a strong scent?

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have had a seedling flower for me before but sometimes it takes a year or more before it decides to flower again so I can not tell you if that will be the true shape or color. I can not tell you if it has a scent at all since it is high up and my nose can not reach it. LOL

Here is a picture of one that bloomed for me a couple of years ago. Still has not bloomed again.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And here is one that was huge from last year. This one did not bloom again this year but it did have a seedpod and will have to wait a long time to see what I get from this one. I was hoping that it would bloom again this year but maybe next year. Barb

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And here is a picture of the seedpod from that plant. This was taken when it was still growing.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have many more that have bloomed in the last couple of years and here is one more. This also bloomed last year but not this year. Barb

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Love them, Barb!!!

Love the petal shape.. So interesting and beautiful!!

Congratulations!! Lucky you!! ;-)

Laura

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Laura, I have so many seedlings that I was hoping more would bloom this year. Barb

• nativec
    9 years ago

Barb-the first pic reminds me of JL Angel :)

Congrats on your blooms! It's always such an accomplishment when seedlings bloom. So much so that I will quite likely never know what its like because I lack the patience...LOL

Take care

Nicole

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

barb - your seedling flower is very pretty. I think it looks like the Thai Tinkerbelle, not the JJ one. Check it out at BBB!

• nativec
    9 years ago

Good call Moonie!! Agreed! :)

• phalanx_viridis
    9 years ago

wow Barb! you have so many healthy seedlings and to get so many of them to bloom is amazing! What patience you must have :)

-stephen

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

Does it have a fragrance?

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone. It is really to high for me to smell and I just don't do ladders at this point.

• kailua1086
    9 years ago

Hello,
    I'm curious to know how many years it took before your plant flowered. I have a couple of seed pods and am wondering if I should try to grow them. Your flowers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Gina

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have had ones that still have not bloom after 7 years but last year I had one bloom at the second year mark. Most seem to bloom after 4 to 6 years. But then I have also got cuttings that I have had for 7 years and they still have not bloomed. Most of my regular plants that I have had for a while do bloom each year. But the others are hit and miss.

It is fun growing seeds, you never know what you are getting and so many have different shape leaves. This is how I look at it, if two people have 4 kids, most of the time they do not look alike same with seed. You never know what you are getting.
    Barb

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Lol, Barb...

We're you thinking of moi? ;-)

I don't blame you from climbing those ladders.. I read your other post about me climbing ladders.. Im going there now to post.. You are so sweet.. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't comfortable. Promise!! Xoxo

Beautiful blooms..

Have a great night!!

Laura

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laura

I was thinking of you.

I just am to old to be climbing up ladders, with my luck I will fall right on the pots that I am trying to get root. LOL

Have a great night, Barb