Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Dragon Tears' Plumeria

Posted by musaboru Inland Calif. (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 22:13

Guys, I can't believe the injustice here. No disrespect meant to JJ, but their picture of Dragon Tears is not of the best looking flowers this cultivar can produce. I couldn't believe it when I came across these newer flowers today.
It reminds me a little of J105 which I've always lusted after but could never find locally. I only got Dragon Tears because of the scent description, but it apparently does not live up to description. And was even considering selling it or giving away, but I'm in love with the striation in the flowers now.

I dont have my DSLR with me, these are taken with an iphone so it doesn't really capture all the details...its so much better in person.
Dragon Tears Plumeria

Dragon Tears Plumeria

The two flowers on the left and right show the muddy streaks as in the tag.
Dragon Tears Plumeria

Here's the tag which shows those runny streaks...
Dragon Tears Plumeria

This post was edited by musaboru on Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 22:17

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Dragon Tears' Plumeria

Hi Musa...

I think it is beautiful... You are right, the camera never really captures the true beauty... What is the fragrance like??

I'm so glad you are happy with this wonderful beauty!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Laura

o

Thanks Laura,

The scent for this one is very light, I can't even describe it well. It's like the scent you get from cut florist roses. Its even lighter than Divine (so far at least).

o

I acquired one with his price matching, no signs of inflos yet but excited to see the blooms on yours.
Tally HO!

o

Very pretty! Loving the red veins and overall look.
You scored.
Cheers

o

She's lovely! and don't sell celly photos short, I've seen glorious photos from some. see above! =)

o

I bought a 1 gallon Dragon Tears at lowes with a dried up inflo and am hoping for the best. Different conditions probably really bring out the unique color. roxanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here