Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daogirl

Garden pix :)

Finally brought a camera outside with me. This year is shaping up to be a much better bloom year!

C-Stars Marmalade - I don't usually pick up C-Stars plants, but I'm glad I grabbed this one last summer:

Saigon Moon is almost there!

Old and new Divine

The one Guillot's Sunset tip that didn't seal over from the cold - yeah! I seriously love this plant.

The lanai, with a new Red Sister Ti plant. Those are seedlings in the cart.

And a couple adeniums! One lost its leaves because I had to do a full bare root repot. They are growing back :)

Comments (18)

• Andrew Scott
    10 years ago

Your plumeria and adeniums are looking good! I am lovinf your C stars Marmalade! That is one good looking bloom! Divine is really nice also! I have had Divine for 3-4 years now. Mine has 4 tips but sadly no inflos :( 2 of the tips are fully leafed out but the other 2:are still dormant. Not sure what is going on with it. I did disturb the root system to remove a rooted cutting for a good friend of mine, but doubt that would be the cause.

Your adenium flowers are pretty! I am hoping someday I will get some. I have 2 that are seedlings. I have had them for at least 3 years but all they do is get taller and taller bug no flowers. I have pruned them back a couple times to make the base thicker, but that's about it. Someone from this forum had said to treat them like plumeria and they should grow and bloom for me. Maybe they just need to be older?

Congratulations on all your blooms! I look forward to seeing more, and I am so happy that your Guillot Sunset gave you an inflo!

Andrew

• rox146
    10 years ago

I have Marmalade from Cstar that I actually ordered from them thru Green Thumb Nursery. I think it is one of their best for them. Yours has more red than mine. Is it in a cooler area? Mine is in a very warm part of the deck and does not show red buy is a great bloomer and smells great. love your yard by the way....roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi.

Love all of your trees and your outside patio !!! Awesome !

Everything looks so healthy.

Ok. I know it's late , but the caudex on that adenium looks like a lady lying on her side to me. Does anyone else see that? ;-). I'm telling you I love these beauties. What personalities they all have!!

I can wait to see the blooms on Saigon Moon. I love that one and of course Buds Guillot Sunset is a beauty!!

Congratulations!

Laura

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Andrew - thanks! I bought my Divines with inflos, so we'll see how it goes from here. I'm sure yours will start blooming before long. I also bought my adeniums as blooming plants - occasionally Home Depot has some that are not the generic pink, and that's when I get suckered in. I have a third one that I didn't photo that has never bloomed, although it came with a cultivar name on it, so I can at least imagine the blooms. And the GS is quickly becoming my favorite plumeria - it's so healthy, tons of tips, bounces back from just about anything without skipping a beat. The inflo is just a bonus :)

Roxanne - I love the Marmalade - it was a total impulse buy from Armstrong. I haven't seen it in any of the C-Stars batches this year. As for the color, it was in a partially shaded location (morning sun, afternoon filtered), but got moved to all day full sun last week before it started blooming. I'll let you know if the bloom colors change. Our temps have been really hot - upper 80s to mid-90s (and up).

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura - totally. That's why I bought it - it reminded me of the Bernini sculpture of Daphne and Apollo.

• rox146
    10 years ago

I also have Goldmine I special ordered from Cstar and it is great too, bloomed last year though and not this year. I like them best when they bloom every year... roxanne

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Roxanne - what does Goldmine look/smell like? Marmalade bloomed on the other two tips last year, but I had to cut those tips back some after they got cold damage this winter. So, I won't be surprised if I don't have blooms next year.

• rox146
    10 years ago

My Marmalade bloomed on 1 tip last year and all tips this year...YEAY!!!! And Goldmine gets very vigorous in growth and true plumeria suntan smell to me, 1 inflo tried to overwinter but did not hang in there. No flowers for it this year but a HUGE increase in growth...so I am thinking it is a BIG boy. Nice flower color too. Might put in in the ground if I can find some....roxanne

• irun5k
    10 years ago

Nice blooms and nice backyard!

Laura is right about the Adenium :) I have to say though that I'm scared to post pics of mine for fear of what people might see in them! lol

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Right? Right?

• newgen
    10 years ago

Hi Dao,
    You have a beautiful collection! Where did you get the Saigon Moon?
    Thanks,

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

Dao,

The marmalade is a beauty!

Love the adeniums because they bloom so well and LOVE the heat. What fantastic living sculture too -- sometimes a bit risque, LOL!

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Your garden looks good!

I LOL'D when I saw the comparison of your Adenium and the Bernini sculpture of Daphne and Apollo. They do look the same!

Mark

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

They look great! Marmalade is gorgeous!

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

newgen- The Saigon Moon came from John Tarvin.

Dave and Mark - thank you! That's one of my fav Bernini sculptures, so of course I had to get the adenium when I saw it. I love that in the Bernini piece, she's actually turning into a tree, so her fingers are becoming branches, etc.

powder - thanks!! Marmalade has turned into my fav CStars plant. I haven't seen it in any nursery this year, though. It makes me wonder what other goodies of theirs that I haven't seen yet!

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Beautiful photos, Daogirl! The adenium reminds me of those rhythmic gymnasts in the Olympics when they throw stuff up in the air.

Does anyone know for sure if Marmalade is the same as California Sunset? I've heard CStars renames a lot of their plants.

• pcput
    10 years ago

Jen, here's what Diana has on Marmalade,

Marmalade looks like 'Angelica'. looks like a mix between J-105 and Penang Peach. Leaves are very different and round.. has a Thai look. Possible PP seedling. dark star running down the center of the bloom. Incredibly nice large salmon/orange/pink round flower. Overlapping petals. Absolutely beautiful and smells like peach. Salmon orange & dark pink, overlapping & the texture is thick & waxy. Also appears to be a compact grower. It almost looks like Penang Peach or a relative as it shares the same leaves with the hook. Color is really nice & its scent is cocoa butter coconuts peachy cream. Petals are waxy and thick. Scent has notes of singapore along with fruit & vanilla

daogirl - they all are beautiful. Love the adenium too. They are so interesting in they shapes. You found a good one.
    Peg

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's a comparison: