Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
911 Please help, what is wrong with the Trunk of my Plumeria?

Posted by Virgo1667 10 CA (sarahhanson67@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 22:56

Can someone please give me any advice of what is wrong with this Trunk? Is there anything I can do to prevent from cracking the Trunk? What's causing to have this? any advice greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you in advance,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 911 Please help, what is wrong with the Trunk of my Plumeria?

Here is another picture, really bad trunk.

o

Any pictures of the rest of the plant? Are the leaves healthy?

o

Hello,

Yes the Plants are healthy except the Trunks are cracking ...Should I cover the Trunk with something? thank you by the way...Here are the Flowers of the Plumeria...Called Pink/Orange Rainbow

o

Here is another pics that show the Leaves are healthy...

o

COULD be residual effects of previous sunburn damage, BUT, I don't know the strength of your sun or temps. Are the damaged areas all facing the same direction (provided you have not moved the plants)?

o

I agree about the old sunburn.

There are also some plumeria that have naturally very gnarly bark, or bark that tends to split and get ugly at wound sites. It doesn't seem to be affecting the plant, though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

o

Thank you all...The Tree it's planted on the Ground, it's possible that is causing too much Sun, but it's healthy...Now I feel god knowing that this is not something I should worry about...Nice to know.....Thank you all once again, greatly appreciate it!!!

o

I agree. I wouldn't really worry about it they're very hardy plants. I have a plant thats trunk is ripped in half and it still fine. it's flowering at the moment. Yours just really looks like sunburn. When they are sunburnt the trunk tends to split and turn into a brown color.

o

Thanks for posting your Plumeria Pics at least now I have a comparison to what others Trunk look like...Greatly appreciate it....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here