Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting color variation

Posted by houstonpat 9a (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 23:01

Whether it's a sunny or cloudy day when they open. Penang Peach.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting color variation

I love the color differences.

o

I love the color differences.

o

Love them!!!

They are so beautiful....

Laura

o

Oh, wow, that's a great photo to illustrate the color variations, Pat! Your tree looks extremely happy, and very short to have so many inflos!

o

just fell off my chair!!!!! AMAZING!!!! beautiful colors Pat!!

Chuy

o

I love it! It's all kinds of colors in one plumie! Wow! Now you and Laura will have me looking for one looking at the photos you both are posting!

o

wow that is crazy! so many different color combos going on at the same time! Great looking plant and thanks for sharing!

o

That is a very Unique color variation!!! Is it possible if I can buy a cutting from your Penang Peach Plumeria Tree please? I love the colors and Penang Peach I don't have it yet as part of my collection....If you want..Ty

o

Isn't that something. the Texas heat really turned on this week.

o

Am I wrong in assuming that this is a picture of more than one Penang Peach? I fell in love with PP. At the time, I only had PP, DSP, and Divine. It had such an impact on me, I bought another, and even took a cutting off of one of my trees, so I could have 3! Sadly, the cutting never rooted. No wonder why I love Elsie so much!

These pictures made my night! I doubt either of my PP trees will bloom :(

Andrew

o

PP never cease to amaze me with how intense the color can get. Love the variation.

o

Love it!

Here's my Penang in hot weather. What's not to love?

o

Very nice Dave

o

Thanks y'all. It does put on a nice show. Compact, fragrant, long lasting. The color variation is just a fluke this year.

o

Love it!!!!

Penang peach is fantastic!!!

Dave... I'm on the floor.. Lol!! Awesome!!!!

Laura

o

Nice! What's the fragrance like? I've kept my collection in check by only going after the super fragrant ones. (I say that knowing that I'm going to have to wait another year or two to smell any of mine.) :D

o

Good question about the fragrance. In years past it seemed more fragrant. These days mild fruity, floral. It has excellent keeping quality. Very durable. Compact.

o

I agree Pat!!

Mine is more fragrant his year .. My other tree that bloomed early in the season didn't have the fragrance. I think the deeper blooms have a better Scent. It smells better at night because Mother Nature want to attract the natural pollinators.

Mine today...

My Paul Weissich is changing again.. It was deep then went light, now it going deep again. It crazy how one day can change the coloration!!!

Take care. Love your tree!! It's gorgeous!!!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here