Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fancyorchid

Samoan Fluff flower description

ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
11 years ago

Does anyone have a Samoan Fluff plumeria? I have a water rooted One that I will need to transfer to a regular container, I'd like to know more about the color and the fragrance.

Thank you

Annamaria

Comments (7)

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Annamaria
    Here is a pic of my Samoan fluff. Flowers range in size depending on heat, humidity etc. Profuse bloomer, light scent.

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you very much, freak4plumeria, I have one similar in flower petals formation that I acquired from someone that was moving from California to Michigan. I was so lucky to get quite a few from her and at a very affordable price!!! Now I have an instant collection, but the petals' color of the one I'm referring to have pink edges and undersides! Would you know the name of It?
    Thank you, again, for your help,
    Annamaria

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you very much, freak4plumeria, I have one similar in flower petals formation that I acquired from someone that was moving from California to Michigan. I was so lucky to get quite a few from her and at a very affordable price!!! Now I have an instant collection, but the petals' color of the one I'm referring to have pink edges and undersides! Would you know the name of It?
    Thank you, again, for your help,
    Annamaria

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OOps.....I didn't realize I'd already submitted my post!!!!

• Kimo
    11 years ago

MY SF was in 50 percent shade and the buds have like a light pinkish stipe on it. If you look at my pic there is a blush of pink, if there were more light and heat it may be more pronounced. SF looks fluffy when the inflo is fully in bloom, leaves are matte with a red edge on the boarder of the leaf.
    Hope that helps. I actually got rid of my SF several seasons ago as part of my one in one out policy

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ohhhhh.....Freak, you are right, the buds are striped pink, actually I can email you the picture I took a few months ago, would you believe it was February? And now I'll have a second SF to add to my collection.
    It was my first water-rooting experience and a good one, I can also send you this pic. Have you had any experience in rooting cuttings or you have purchased all your plumerias? I'd like to know more about It!
    Annamaria

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia