Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samoan Fluff flower description

Posted by fancyorchid 9 (annamariav@netzero.net) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 23:16

Does anyone have a Samoan Fluff plumeria? I have a water rooted One that I will need to transfer to a regular container, I'd like to know more about the color and the fragrance.
Thank you
Annamaria

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samoan Fluff flower description

Annamaria
Here is a pic of my Samoan fluff. Flowers range in size depending on heat, humidity etc. Profuse bloomer, light scent.
Photobucket

o

Thank you very much, freak4plumeria, I have one similar in flower petals formation that I acquired from someone that was moving from California to Michigan. I was so lucky to get quite a few from her and at a very affordable price!!! Now I have an instant collection, but the petals' color of the one I'm referring to have pink edges and undersides! Would you know the name of It?
Thank you, again, for your help,
Annamaria

o

Thank you very much, freak4plumeria, I have one similar in flower petals formation that I acquired from someone that was moving from California to Michigan. I was so lucky to get quite a few from her and at a very affordable price!!! Now I have an instant collection, but the petals' color of the one I'm referring to have pink edges and undersides! Would you know the name of It?
Thank you, again, for your help,
Annamaria

o

OOps.....I didn't realize I'd already submitted my post!!!!

o

MY SF was in 50 percent shade and the buds have like a light pinkish stipe on it. If you look at my pic there is a blush of pink, if there were more light and heat it may be more pronounced. SF looks fluffy when the inflo is fully in bloom, leaves are matte with a red edge on the boarder of the leaf.
Hope that helps. I actually got rid of my SF several seasons ago as part of my one in one out policy

o

Ohhhhh.....Freak, you are right, the buds are striped pink, actually I can email you the picture I took a few months ago, would you believe it was February? And now I'll have a second SF to add to my collection.
It was my first water-rooting experience and a good one, I can also send you this pic. Have you had any experience in rooting cuttings or you have purchased all your plumerias? I'd like to know more about It!
Annamaria

o

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here