Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
James... Hong Kong!!!!

Posted by loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 0:12

Hello Everyone!!!

I just wanted to share my Hong Kong blooming.. mahalo, my friends... It is doing well and growing really fast. It Has about four Inflos on this beauty!! I remembered when it was sent In A " red solo cup". So cute!!

Thank You again, its very happy in VB!!!

The fragrance is to die for..

Mahalo!!!!

Huge CHEERS! " clink". ;-)

Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: James... Hong Kong!!!!

Very beautiful blooms Laura ;). They look huge!!!

Chuy

o

Laura, Very pretty and so healthy looking. Barb

o

Love it, Laura! That is one happy tree!

Smiles to you! :-D

o

Is the scent Laura like a Singapore? roxanne

o

That's a lovely white against the dark green leaves. It even looks like it would smell good!

o

"Gorgeous" Laura!
I'm loving this one too! And smells soooo good!
One big cutting, blooming and doesn't seem to be slowing it up at all. I'm glad I'm getting to enjoy the blooms but am ready to cut them off if I have to.
Peg

o

Sorry about not posting sooner but it's been crazy, haven't even watered plumies in over 2 weeks now....poor babies.
Laura,
Luv the HK with the Pool in the back ground (she was photo bombed by the pool ..lol). Your baby looks GORGEOUS with the super healthy dark green leaves and the pristine white flowers, sometimes you will get multiple 7 petaled flowers. The leaves and scent are what make HK my top fav white. You do such a great job with all your plumies, and I am sure HK is super happy @ your place as she has a pool in her new home, very spa like for her lol. Thanks for sharing the pic and the update :)

Peg,
Can't believe how fast your progress is on your HK, looks great. Virginia Bch must be incredible for plumies in the summer. Are you growing HK in your house, I see carpeting or a rug on the floor? Does she have her own guestroom lol ?
I call that southern hospitality. Glad HK is doing so well for you and Laura. Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture of her.

Cheers....

o

Hello Everyone!!

Thank you Chuy !! They are actually smaller then most blooms. Delicate and dainty!! Two inches I wails guess!! Love them!!

Thank you Barb!! Always nice to see you!!

Wendi!! Mahalo!! It is. Very healthy tree and very happy!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

hi Jen!! Iove the contrast too. It's a real beauty the dark green and the white flowers. Lol. You would like this white tree!! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Thanks Peg!! I do love this and I'm so glad you received this cutting from a very nice person! It a beauty and your cutting looks like it's ready to take off with leaves and inflos at the same time !! ๐Ÿ˜„

Hi James ! Don't worry about posting late. I'm the one who is late to post all of the time. We all know that we have busy lives!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Thanks for the awesome compliments ! I also like the look of the pool behind this beauty. It is happy and very healthy ! You are so kind to see how they are really doing. I work at it and it pays off!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Lol. Photo bombed by the pool. To funny !! Virginia beach is a great place to grow during the summer but we have to bring them in ๐Ÿ˜ซ. It's all worth it though !!

I'll let peg respond. She roots in her home and they do get TLC!!
๐Ÿ˜œ

Take care!!

Laura

o

Laura,
Actually, depending on the month/season, my HK flowers get 3 to 3 1/2", I rarely get 2" to 2 1/2" blooms anymore, does size really matter..lol ? I guess depending on the maturity of the plant also as the first couple years I had her the blooms were smaller. Is HK everygreen for you, in my patch the leaves usually stay on all winter till late spring, like April/May then they all drop. Well hope all is well for you
Cheers

o

James - Thanks I too don't post as much as I'd like to. For some reason GW always gives my computer problems and can usually only get to a couple posts before it slows and locks up. Old computer running on a wing and a prayer :)

I do all my rooting in the house as I don't have a good spot outside to do it. In the house I can control it better too. I've got a couple of those 5 shelf greenhouses so that AC doesn't bother them. Grow lights and fans and heat mats pans of water, takes care of their needs. I do have to watch out for those pesky spider mites though. I use them in the winter to keep any baby/newer rooted ones in over the winter. If they keep growing that's fine and I give them more water then. If they drop leaves I let them go dormant and cut way back on water.

HK and Sundance are doing great but don't see any roots showing yet. They do have to share a room though! No shelves in it for these two! HK was out of her greenhouse running around when I snapped the the pic :)
I'm really loving this one and can understand why it would be your top fav.
Peg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here