Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobtabler

JL Dane

bobthewizard
10 years ago

Is JL Dane very common? Anyone have one? My wife showed me a pic of one and likes it.. So now I'm looking for a cutting or small potted one... heheh..

Perhaps I should check at JJ's....

~Bob

Comments (15)

• Andrew Scott
    10 years ago

I don't think that it is super rare but still pretty pricey. I am on my second J.L. Dane and I have spent over $250. on both! If you really want one, check Ebay, you may be able to bid on one and MAYBE you can get it for less than $100! GOOD LUCK!

Andrew

• disneyhorse
    10 years ago

I've seen them on eBay go for under $100

• bobthewizard
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Shipping into California would be problematic though...

But I'll have to look into it.

~Bob

This post was edited by BobTheWizard on Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 14:01

• disneyhorse
    10 years ago

They come from Hawaii, and shipping is inexpensive and easy. Almost all my plumerias have come from HI this year and I'm in CA.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

I also agree that getting plumeria from Hawaii to California is not a big deal. I've gotten both cuttings and rooted plants with no issues, usually just shipped USPS priority mail. Just buy from a reputable seller and you should be fine.

• bobthewizard
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm watching one on eBay right now. 4 days left on auction, started yesterday starting bid $20, now at $64...

Sheesh... Might be awhile before I pick this one up.

~Bob

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

However, at the Jim Little Nursery in Oahu they are $300 a cutting for single tips and $5 for additional tips if available.

• surfbreeze
    10 years ago

I pulled up the confirmation email from August of last year after buying JL Dane off eBay to see what I paid.. On August 12th, 2012 I paid $61 and the rooted cutting arrived in Texas from Hawaii in about 4 days. Has grown great so far.

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

That's a tough one. I guess it really depends on the EBay seller. Normally I would buy from JL before anything on Ebay. You are 99.9% guaranteed a JL Dane from Kara G at JL. In this case if those numbers hold true that's a steep premium to pay.

Its a piece of cake to ship from HI to the mainland. Any legitimate grower has a certification which permits the shipping.

• disneyhorse
    10 years ago

I've now used Matt H (1-stop-aloha) a couple times on eBay and he ships just fine.

• bobthewizard
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah... That's where the one is listed From on eBay at this time... Watching it...

~Bob

• surfbreeze
    10 years ago

I'm very confident I got he real deal from Matt. It bloomed not long after I got it as it had an inflo when it arrived. Flowers were beautiful. There are a couple of reputable sellers on eBay that haven't failed me (flowers come true) and Dane is so distinguishable in form and color

• Andrew Scott
    10 years ago

I agree. Matt is awesome, and very easy to deal with. I never had an issue with him, and if you need to contact him, he responds promptly, at least he did with me! I have no issues ordering from him except.....HE ALWAYS HAS MORE THAT I WANT!!! LOL!

Andrew

• bobthewizard
    Original Author
    10 years ago

1-stop is where that eBay auction is through... The price is too high for me at this time. I'm not that confident yet for that price....

Sure is pretty though.

~Bob

This post was edited by BobTheWizard on Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 13:17

• bobthewizard
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Disney... I think you mentioned being able to get it for MAYBE less than $100? 6 hours left and it's at $80 plus shipping.. Lol...

I can't do that at this time. Maybe next growing season I'll look at it again.

Of course by then I'll have a much larger list of "must haves" I'll need to pick from.. heheh

~Bob

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022