Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

August pics...

Hello Everyone!!

Here are some of my pics from August.

Thanks for looking!!

I have more to open, but i wanted to share these babies now!!

Cerise

{{gwi:1190802}}

Leela

Intense Rainbow

Elsie

{{gwi:1190803}}

Psycho

{{gwi:1190804}}

Taj Mahal

J -105 and Taj Mahal

California Sunset

{{gwi:30061}}

Lava Flow

{{gwi:52948}}

Apricot

J-105

{{gwi:30060}}

Noid Pink

ETLD

Desert Sunrise

{{gwi:46008}}

JL Metallica

{{gwi:43333}}

Divine

Divine cutting rooted for you H!!! : )

{{gwi:1190811}}

Some of my DR's that have seed pods...

{{gwi:351835}}

{{gwi:351834}}

Recently repotted DR that i root pruned an planted into Gritty Mix.. Before..

{{gwi:340926}}

during...

{{gwi:340933}}

{{gwi:345544}}

{{gwi:345547}}

{{gwi:340932}}

{{gwi:345544}}

finished..

{{gwi:340941}}

3 weeks later..

{{gwi:52946}}

Passion Orange

{{gwi:29977}}

California Sally

{{gwi:29978}}

"MY Little Prince" is stilll hanging around to help me with the slug duties!!! : )

Savannah

{{gwi:1190814}}

{{gwi:347628}}

{{gwi:347634}}

Take care everyone!!!

Laura

Comments (49)

• Tony10
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow! Stunning pics! HAHAHAHA! I love that you put that plumie flower next to your dog's ear because I do the same with mine! LOL! Also, I love your little prince :)

Tony

• georgecc
    11 years ago

Laura - I'm speechless! Too much beauty for one post!!!!

George

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

Laura,

Wow! Everything is amazing! ( You take Awesome photos )
    I've been thinking about buying "Lava Flow" What's your viewpoint on it's growing habits?
    Your tutorial on the Adeniums is really good!
    Love those big caudex! Are all of yours planted in Gritty Mix?
    That Apricot is Spectacular!
    You've got a whole lot of Aloha going on at your house!

Stuart

• georgecc
    11 years ago

And yes, my un-identified mystery flower does look very much like your J105 - except mine is redder (but the same rose red as yours) - and my buds are identical.But we've been in the 90's for a while - my California Sunset is also redder than yours. Hmm.

I have to say again, though - wow - this page is amazing, Laura. Stunningly beautiful.

George

• DelWH
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful,every one!!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Laura - It just gets better and better, doesn't it! :)

I've just spent several minutes trying to decide which flower is my fav and I can't pick just one but I'll say I like the Leela very much!

And Metallica!

Lava Flow colors are beautiful!

I'm surprised at Apricot. It is much more gorgeous than pics I have seen of it by different sellers. You just have "the touch", my friend! Everything seems to perform at it's best for you!

Thanks for sharing your photos, Laura. Those of us in this part of the world especially appreciate them!

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Wow stunning Laura! I love them all. But I have come to expect no less from you. Thank you for sharing.

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Laura your KILLING me here! I have NOTHING compared to you right now! I am just thrilled with Thai Super Round and DSP! My Sariah Curly Pink is moving at a slugs pace...I swear that inflo is going to abort:( Buds are green but there just not growing. I did find inflos on Guillots Sunset and JL Christina. I am sure more will come but this late in the game I just don't think there will be enough warm weather left for them to develop fully...what a bummer!

Man, your asking to get me KILLED! I want California Sally, Metallica, Passion Orange(you got that from Fuzzy right?) and especially LAVA FLOW!

My Apricot's inflo is almost gone now...just a little blooming part left:( Weird part about it, there are no new TIPS yet!

Take care,
    Andrew

• beachplant
    11 years ago

Gorgeous, thanks for the pic of lava flow, I was wondering what it looked like.
    Tally HO!

• nativec
    11 years ago

Hello Laura!

Everything is looking wonderful! I love everything:). Your JLM inflo is still going strong. Congrats!

I'm especially fond of your J105, Desert Sunrise and Taj Mahal. They are now on my "list" :)

Everything you touch turns green..LOL you DR's are lovely.

Savannah is precious!

Take care!

Nicole

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Always such a great visual show you put on! I am with Stuart, Apricot is really nice, Leela is also on my wish list and looking beautiful in your capable hands.

Thanks for the DR repotting tutorial, that is going to help me out immensely. And those seed pods are kinda ridiculous looking, nearly the length of the entire plant, they are like a giant mustache across the trees, very exciting!

Enjoy them and thanks for sharing so we too can enjoy.

Best,
    Wendy

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Laura everything looks beautiful, even your "little prince". lol

• pcput
    11 years ago

They are sure loving our heat and humidity and it shows. Beautiful as always, Laura. You do such a good job with them. Get those hose on the DR's before you loose the seeds. :) Peg

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Beautiful as always.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Just stunning!!!!

Savannah reminds me of my girl Lexi when she was younger.

Mike

• jandey1
    11 years ago

What a great year for inflos, Laura! That Desert Sunrise is to die for! Thanks for taking the time to post all those scrumptious pics.

Your DRs have sure been busy. That seems like a very high number of seed pods for one season. The new one looks like it didn't skip a beat from the root-pruning and re-pot.

Are you sure that's Intense Rainbow in number three?

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Lovely Laura! Every one. The CA Sunset looks a lot like my Penang Peach.

That pool looks so inviting too.

The Divine you gave me is growing very tall. One branch got broken in a storm last season and the other branch decided to make up for it I guess! LOL!

Also, 'Valentino' is making very good growth.

Where do you get your bark? And are you screening it? If so, what size screen?

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone!!!

Im out working right now and should have a break soon...

Just wanted to say thank you to you all!

Ill be back to say hi to each of you soon!!

It has been a great year for blooms and im so happy to share these beauties.

Be back soon to answer those questions..

Hot out here working.. arggg! Enjoy the AC for those inside!!!

Take care,

Laura

Original Author
    11 years ago

Jen,

Now you have me wondering about the Intense Rainbow.. LOL.. I was just looking at the pics of the Mary Moragne. I do have one and is pushing an inflo for the first time. This Intense Rainbow was a cutting from two years ago.

What do you think it could be? ANy ideas? I will have to do some searching after i have a break. YOu have me wondering now..LOL

The cutting said Intense Rainbow.. I also have a tree from Plumeria Gallery that is starting to open and i dont think it is what it's supposed to be.. : (

We shall see..

Thanks.. be back soon!! I have to get ready or ill be late.. Cant let that hsppen!! : )

Laura

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Tony... I also love to put flowers behind the girls ears, my son doesn't think she is the flower kind..but i think she loved it!!! " ) Thank You for the kind comments!!

Simi... You are so nice..Thank you so Much!! You really made me feel good.. Mahalo!!! I willl also find another J-105 for you to see.. I have to go and look.. it know this one has more color.. Give me a day or so,, : )

Hi Stuart!! Many thanks to you!!! (Tip my hat to you!!)

I love my Lava FLow so much..she really did put on a a show for me. I cant comment about the growth habit, since i just recently bought her from fuzzy with this small inflo thst developed into something huge!!! SHe smells sweet and i love her color.

ALL of my DR's are in the Gritty Mix as well as the newly purchsed bare rooted ones. Then i have some older ones that are in the Gritty Mix as well. They love this mix!!!

I love that you feel the "Aloha" feeling here at my house..THAt is a very nice compliment.. so MAHALO to YOU!!! I certainly apprecite all of the kind words...

DelWH.. Thank you..you are very kind!!! : )

Mona,

Thank you!!! I just love APricot and i do agree that the colors looks so much different from thr pictures. We have the heat and humidity to make these flowers look deeper in color. You are right sbout us trying our best to gro them here on the mid Atlantic area.. We try!! : ) Thank you so much for all of your suport!! We all have to get together and have lunch sometime.. Take care!!

ANdrew.. I dont want anyone coming after me...LOLOL tell Jose that it isnt me.. i donnt want him to give me the "eye" LOL.. OH.. Now u r going to have to meet the truck st the end of your yard!! LOL>. I cant wait to see pics!!! You sre so funny!!! : )

Thanks Tally HO!!! I also love Lava Flow...im sure you will love it too! It is a winner in my book! Thanks!! Have a great day!!!

Hi Nicole,

Savanah is a cutie pie!!! The weiner handles the flowers better than the big girl!! LOL... Thank you for all of the nice comments that you are so nice to share. I really enjoy you and your time here on the forums and email. I wish we lived closer!! have a wonderful night!!! Chat soon!!

Hi Wendy... Those DR's do look like giant mustashes , i just have to figure out a way to keep them from opening all at the ame time so i can capture them. I did tie them together with string.. we shall see! Hope you are hsving great summer!! How are your trees? Im sure they are lovely!!!

Karen.. Thank you so much!! You know how i appreciate all that you contribute to these forums!!! MY little Prince is such a cutie.. i love him!!! : )

K... Thank you so much!!! How are the cuttings coming along? Hope you and your family are well!! Tks!!! (Jester!!!) LOL...

Hi MIke,

DOnt you just love dogs.. They are the best!! How are your trees doing? Im sure you are having a great summer too! You always have strong work!!!

Tks again!!

Hey Jen,

I love tha Desert Sunrise too! Im wondering about that Intense Rainbow now.. what do you think? i bought this cutting a few years ago and it is now blooming. DO you think it looks like a Moragne? Hmm? What do you all think.

Wait to see what im going to post tomorrow.. Plumeria Gallery sent me a grafted Aztec Gold.. OMG wait untill you see what is blooming... Oops! I think it was mislabeled..LOL Now we will have to see whst it reslly is.. Oh well... Hope to chat soon. lots to tell you..!

Dave,

Thanks Dave!! I do buy the Retibark when it goes on sale at Petsmart.. it is by Zoo Med. I do screen it for the real Gritty Mix and i use a kitchen strainer for the Turface fines. The Gran-i-grit doesnt need to be screened. Your Dr's will love this mix!!!. My DH made my screens and i use what ever falls using the 1/4 inch screen for the bark. I might have another lead on some cheaper Pine mulch.. ill get that info for you. i am going to check on it tomorrow and i will share.. it will be much cheaper for us all! : ) have a great night Dave!!! i can post pics of my crenns if you would like!!

Take crae everyone..

Thank you for posting to my thread.. it really means alot to hear from my friends!!

Thank you!!!

Laura

Miami Rose is going strong. the orig bloom is still there.. I have never seen a bloom last as long. Now i have another inflo on her.. she is a keeper. Thanks for the Monster!!! Glad to hear DIvine and Valentino are doing well.. that makes me real happy!!! Say hello to your family!!! DOnt work to hard!!

Peg.... You are such an inspration to me and such a good friend to have in our plumeri world.. Our heat and humidity does help.. even tho we cnst breath.. it is still good for our trees!! Thanks for everything as alwyas!! Im glad i have u close!!!

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Wow, such beauty!

• John Perilloux
    11 years ago

Hi, Laura. I don't remember seeing a photo of your Miami Rose. I bought one of those recently from Exotic Plumeria and would like to see how your photos look compared to the photo in their ad. Would you mind posting it?

• John Perilloux
    11 years ago

Oops, sorry, Laura. I should have searched FIRST. I found your post of Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 0:07 and that Miami Rose is really a beauty, as is your photo.
    John

Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanls Jperiloux!! Glad you found it. Does it look the same as the Ad?

Mine has another inflo that just opened.. I will take a new pic for you soon.

Simi.. Here is another pic of my J-105 from last summer. Quite a difference in color than this year. I do love the beauty of this season,, but the color was more intense last year. Wonder why? Heat humidity, time of year.. i guess...

This was last year too...
    {{gwi:1696}}
    {{gwi:1190170}}

Take care..

Laura

• John Perilloux
    11 years ago

Actually, Laura, I think your flowers and photo look better than the ad. Check it out and judge for yourself.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miami Rose

Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Kay!! SO nice to see you posting. I do admire what you grow and i certainly appreciate you helping me ID the pic (third one down) If you can!!! Mahalo!!

jperilous,

You are to kind.. i did look at that pick and it lookded alittle washed out. : ) Thank you so much for the sweet compliment! That made me smile.. Big one too! Thank YOU!!

Take care

Laura

Wizard. pics...

• kasiec
    11 years ago

Hi Laura - All of your pictures make me smile ...spectacular!! And after seeing your voluptuous Desert Rose, I'm going to try and grow this again.

Kasie

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kasie,

Im glad you are going to try again.

If you want some seeds let me know... I will have lots soon!

Take care,

Laura

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Amazing photos from the Queen of all Plumeria!!!

Speechless, indeed!

Christopher

11 years ago

Laura,

I wanted to tell you that the 'Divine' you gave me has an inflo on it now. Anxious to see it bloom! For being considered a 'dwarf' it is growing tall and has very large leaves. Hope to post photos when buds open.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Christopher,

Im alwyas so pleased to see you stop by and say hello!!

So nice of you to say...but im afraid i dont have a crown...LOL.. But thank you for the sweeet complimemt!! You made my day... Im just me!!!.

Take care CHristopher,

Laura

Hi Dave,

Im so glad Divine has an inflo!! WHOOO HOOO! I knew how much you wanted this one.. sometimes storms do things for certain reasons don they? I thought of you instantly when i lost that stem.. I am so glad that it all worked out for you!!! Especially to a good ole VA man!!! : )

Take care,

Laura

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Laura, any shots of that J105 full inflo? I'm trying not to be pushy here, but I'd love to see it! :)

• nativec
    11 years ago

Laura-I would like to second Jen's request...LOL Please :)

Nicole

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Jen ANd Nicole!!!

I hope you all are well!!!

MY J -105 has been pushing out inflos when "she decides" so it isnt like a huge group appearing at once. I get one or two daily and i still have more to come. Here are a few pics from a couple days ago..

Miami Rose syill is going crazy!!

Elsie..
    {{gwi:1190818}}

Thai Super Round...

Psycho..

Desert Sunrise

railing over looking my pool...Desert Sunrise in front and Miami Rose in the back..

DR Seed pods..
    {{gwi:353948}}
    Maya..

Just for fun... Savanah!!!

Hope to have more soon!!!

That everyone!!!

Laura

11 years ago

Desert Sunrise is incredible!

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Laura,

Your J105 is gorgeous!! And Desert Sunrise wow! I don't remember DS's scent? When I saw the plants at JJ's they weren't blooming so I had no idea how gorgeous they really are. I love anything w/ the veins. Adding her back on my Wishlist. LOL

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

I want to smooch the pooch! :)

Laura - I'm loving that Desert Sunrise!

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous, Laura! Brava!

G

• jandey1
    11 years ago

I say again, that Desert Sunrise is to die for! Savannah also adorable.

Thanks for posting again for us, Laura. Funny that J105 only opens one at a time. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever seen any photos of J105 in full inflo, just one or two at a time. That's the kind of thing it's nice to know about before you commit to a variety.

One more request: How are the fragrances of all those beautiful blooms?

11 years ago

jandey, I agree with you. Large clusters are incredible. On the other hand, some of my inflos that bloom in huge clusters all at once seem to peter out sooner. Perhaps it has more to do with the maturity of the plant?

Miami Rose:

Penang Peach:

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Oh my, Dave, that Penang makes heart-stopping inflos! Your colors are spectacular...

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Guys,

Sorry i haven't posted lately... I have been out of town and been pretty busy.. So sorry that im late to anwser any questions!!

Dave.. Desert Sunrise has been a great Plumeria and i love the lasting inflos and the fragrnce is very strong. I am so bad at describing the scent, but it is sweeet to me and i can smell it when i open the door to go on my deck...

Lynnn,

J-105 doesn't have much of a scent to me, but i love the color and the shape of the blooms.. Desert Sunrise is the one with the fragrance.. it is one to have!!!

Hi Mona.. Savannah gets lots of smooches right on the end of her cute little nose. My son wants to keep her a hunting dog, but she still likes to be a "lady" and have a bloom in her ear at times!!! : )

Dave.. My Miami Rose is still holding onto those huge clusters of blooms.. I have never seem a tree to keep them as long. The Desert Sunrise has done the same. Psycho has been a cluster too! Love that tree!!!

I wish that my Penang Peach would bloom, not this year...

Wizard has been a beauty tooo!

Take care all..

Hi Jen!! Hope all is well down in TX!!!

Lava Flow smells like Roses to me..

Psycho just smmells like a sweet frarance..

Miami Rose.. Coconut oil.. SUntan lotion

J-105 not much of a scent to me..

Divie. small hint of a sweet scent

California Sunset.. sweeet fragrance to me as well

LOL.. I feel like Bill describing scents.. He and i have the samme sniffers.. LOL I have a hard time smelling the different scents except for the strong ones.. (DS) Psycho...

Metallica had the great fragrance of Grape Koolaid

My Saigon Moon is pushing an inflo and Kimi Moragne is too as well as Hilo Beauty!! Ill post some pics when they open...

Laura

• nativec
    11 years ago

Hi Laura!

Hope all is well. Sorry to be so late in posting a thank you for the J-105 photos. Crazy time at work right now:)

The photos are stunning! In fact everyone's photos are just gorgeous. The only problem is everytime I come here. I either 1.) Buy more plants..or 2.) Add to next seasons wishlist. Speaking of which (here it comes) where did you find the Thai Super Round?

I love the shape of the j-105, that alone makes it wishlist worthy!

Savannah makes me want a puppy...LOL Good thing I can't buy dogs like I do plumeria :)

Take care,

Nicole

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Hey, Laura, good to see you posting again! I am so impressed with how much variety your collection has--so many different shapes, sizes, colors and patterns to your plumies!

Thanks for listing the scents. I remember Psycho having a very perfume-like scent that lasted long after picked. Sure hope mine roots!

• Legally_Blonde_27
    11 years ago

OMG, Laura!

Your photos are absolutely gorgeous! What a great
    variety of colors you have! You're quite the photographer as well as gardener! WOW ***!!!

Each pic gets better than the last...if that's even possible!

Thank you for sharing your very inspirational photos!!
    xoxoxo

~Gayle~

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

OK, Laura, the uncrowned Queen of all Plumeria, then. And I have to agree, you really know how to use a camera.

Christopher

• alexpages
    8 years ago

Hi Laura. Do you sell any cutting ? I love to buy it...

Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Wow !! What an old thread brought back from the past!!

Alex.. I'm sorry .. No, I don't sell!

Jen. I thought I would include this pic of J-105 with more blooms lol. I finalky had a prettier cluster. This set had more fragrance too. I was surprised!!!

Thanks for these memories!!

Laura

• alexpages
    8 years ago

Beautiful, I wish you do or you trade, I have a lot of plumerias too, but those are really nice.. if you ever want to trade let me know... have a Wonderfull day, here some of my

plumerias, I m not that good taking picture... ;)

Sponsored
Pristine Acres
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars46 Reviews
Leading Northern Virginia Custom Outdoor Specialist- 10x Best of Houzz