Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

A mass of Daisy Wilcox

tdogdad
11 years ago

My T.Lemon Drop flowers so heavily that I had not noticed how many large flowers were on the Daisy standing behind it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments (19)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

hi BILL,

Nice to see you posting again. Hope all is well?

Nice pics of your Daisy WIlcox. This was the first cutting that you sent to me and it was a beauty when she first opened. I love these blooms and i think people dont give her enough credit until you actually see them up cloase and personal. They are beautiful!!

Thanks for showing what a real tree looks like!!! : )

Take care,

Laura

• houstontexas123
    11 years ago

very nice

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

what a wonderful tree!! it must be heavenly to be around all those flowers.

Mike

• pcput
    11 years ago

What a problem to have, Bill. Can't see the blooms of one tree for another blooming in front of it. Wish I had that problem :) Peg

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Hi Bill,

Ok now that I see your DW, I know without a doubt that mine is NOT a Daisy Wilcox after all. Son of a gun! Someone sold me a DW that's not a DW. Mine is white floppy flowers with some yellow but not pink in the back or orange center like yours. The flowers don't last long before falling off. I'm going to call the seller to see what he has to say. :)

Anyway, beautiful plant and gorgeous flowers Bill. How does she smell?? Thank you!

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

One must see Daisy Wilcox in person to fully appreciate the flower size and quality.

• arctictropical
    11 years ago

Awesome! I'm jealous!

• nativec
    11 years ago

That is one seriously beautiful VW you have there!

Thank you for sharing your DW!

Nicole

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Sorry to hijack your thread Bill, but here goes. My local Armstrong called today to say they got more Tom's Plumerias in. So I took my baby girl w/ me and what did I find but a REAL Daisy Wilcox!! She got one flower left and the guy told my baby she could have it. Well when we got home and compared it to my "imposter" DW it was clear as day that I was lied to.

So I called up the seller and he said "There are many variations of Daisy Wilcox". Say what?? Whatever dude... I hope you enjoy ripping me off. So now I have to search for the real Daisy Wilcox. Maybe if I'm lucky I will score one at the sale this Sat. If not I will go back to Armstrong when they have a sale... $99 for a DW is steep to me.

Anyway, you be the judge... the size, the shape, the scent and the color are all different. No way mine is a real DW.

{{gwi:1191030}}
    The size of the real DW is HUGE... I would say close to 5 in!

{{gwi:1191031}}
    Now look at my fake DW next to the real deal. Much smaller and no trace of pink!

{{gwi:1191032}}
    View from the back. So now I don't know what it is that I got. I'm going to call it FDW. :)

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jen- I already told you I have a Daisy Wilcox and a Lemon Drop rooting for you right now. And you can't beat the cost. Free. Buy the way, that fake was a fake. Yours came off the bush pictured at the start of this thread.

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Bill,

I thought I was only getting Lemon Drop but I would love the real Daisy! Thank you Bill. I will cross those two off my list for Sat. then. Woohoo!

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I found this picture from earlier showing how my lemon drop and Samoan Fluff block the view of the Daisy Wilcox.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Wow Bill!! Beautiful!! I got a chance to sniff Samoan Fluff today too and I'm very pleased by the scent. I didn't know Samoan Fluff has such nice fragrance.

11 years ago

Laura, Sorry to hear about your fake Daisy. I had a real Daisy and too wet in garage over winter did her in unfortunately. I didn't have time to rescue her. But I couldn't get over how large the blooms were. And they did have the pink band on the back. I suppose someone had a seedling of Daisy and sold that to you? Not the real clone. Some people just don't understand. From Ebay?

Bill, great photo of TLD and DW together. You must be finally getting some warmer weather?

Photo of my old Daisy Wilcox, may she rest in peace in the compost pile:
    {{gwi:569776}}

11 years ago

...that should have been directed to NoClue!

• beachplant
    11 years ago

gorgeous!
    Tally Ho!

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

LOL Dave... sorry folks I should sign my name at the end of my post to avoid confusion... it's Lynn if anyone is curious. ;)

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Dave, that is a stunning photo! Wow.

Bill...well...your display is like fireworks, only better.

Greg

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

I had this one marked as Samoan Fluff, but it resembles your last pic of DW though.
    Lonnie

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm