Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

A New Table Arrangement For A Dinner party!!!..

Hi Everyone!!!

Just talked to my friend and she twisted my arm to show you all this arrangement I made for a dinner party the other night..

It went over well.. Next time, I'll put some candles around them...

Hope you like it!!

Desert Sunrise changing colors again... Must be this heat!!! ;-)

Have a great night!!

Laura

Comments (18)

• chuy415
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh my!!!! How do we Not like somethin so beautiful like that?? Silly question... My friend ;). Love love love it!! Bet the party guests loved it too!! Very nice Laura!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Chuy

• barb13_gw
    10 years ago

Laura, Just beautiful. You did a great job. I love the colors in your Desert Sunraise. Barb

• irun5k
    10 years ago

Nice! And I agree, the Desert Sunrise is spectacular, that is one that truly stands out.

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

Your guests were very lucky indeed! I hope some of them stuck their noses into all those gorgeous blooms...I know I would have!
    Great job!
    And yes, that Desert Sunrise is a spectacular bloom. I agree. :)

-Robert

• rox146
    10 years ago

LOVELY LAURA!!! Do you refrigerate the blossoms for a bit before you arrange them? I heard this helps them last longer, some even float face down in water a bit before cooling.... roxanne

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Laura, that looks extremely beautiful, what a great job you did. Lucky guests.

And Desert Sunrise - wow. We are starting to get heat here, so mine may look like that in a few days. Thanks for inspiring me to get one, it's incredible.

And I'm so glad you got talked into posting that arrangement, it's awesome.

• pcput
    10 years ago

Love the blooms displayed in the driftwood. Didn't know you had 2 of them. Where have I been? You did a good job making them. Lucky quests that got to enjoy them. Very Hawaiian looking. Nice!
    Peg

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

That's sooo cool! I like the white one!

Mark

• mscynthia
    10 years ago

Just beautiful. Lucky guests - dinner and beautiful flowers. You really fuel my lust for Desert Sunrise :)

• purdee54
    10 years ago

Laura, very nice arrangement. The variety of flowers are impressive! Nicely done!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

HI Chuy!!! Thank you!! You are always so upbeat and I always love to hear from you!!! The guest loved the blooms!!!

Hi Barb!! Thank you as well.. The Desert Sunrise changes all of the time. I think it really should be called the Camillieon!! LOL. It is always changing and I love every single color change... It is one of my favorites!!! Hope you are having a great blooming season. Love to see your pics...

Hi Brian... You are right. DS is a stand out and I would recommend this cultivar to everyone. It has been the first to bloom here and it is still going strong. The blooms smell wonderful and they last well in a vase too!!! ( stay quality ). Hope you are well..

Ahhhhhhhh. Robert... You are correct !! Lol, they did put their noses in the blooms.. They even picked up the displays and looked closer. You know I LOVED that!!! Lol.. We know we would do the same, after asking of course!!! I also was one that kept putting my nose to the table. Before during and after dinner... I just love there flowers.. WE all do. That is why it is fun to share... Thank You!! I know you would have your nose deep in the blooms!!! ;-)

Hi Rox!!! THANK YOU !!!! I have never done this... But it is a great idea!! I just pick and put right I to the little vials of water. But, I think it would work.. They do this for the leis in Hawaii, so it would be a great idea.. Mahalo for that!! ;-). Thanks for the invite .. Have a wonderful time at your Luau!!! Wish I could be there...

Hi George aka Simi!!! I am glad she twisted my arm too!!! The heat always is changing the color on my DS.. You never know what change from day to day... It is amazing!! I, glad you bought one. You will love her!!!! As always, thanks for the compliments!!!

Hi Peg!! I was making one for a friend... Then when I was looking at the table, it needed something else, so I added the other wood display and it just seemed to connect!!! I like how it flows and it looks like it was made to follow the flow... I think I have to make my friend another... Lol!!! ;-)

Thanks for twisting my arm... ;-)

Hi Mark!!! I like the white one too!! Funny... It is the only NOID there!! When I trim the white... I'll be in touch!!! Thank YOU!!!

Mscynthia!! Thank you !! You are so right about lusting after DS. I would advise you to put her at the top of your list... She is that impressive to me!! My guest loved the blooms... Lol.. I was even asked to name them at dinner.. Lucky for me.. I could name them all. Didn't open the wine yet!!! ;-)

Hi Manuel... Thank youso much for the kind compliment!! I really enjoy making them and finally having the blooms to fill the vials. This year has been a great year for me and my trees and the blooms are just beautiful...

The fragrance at night is simply divine... Tuberose is so strong and fills the air in the evening. Hope you are having a wonderful summer!! Mahalo!!

Take care ,

I hope you all are enjoying the summer... My Taj Mahal is about to open as well as Pele, JJ Orange and Keiki Lavender.. I'm really excited!! Then I'm afraid that the wood displays will have to be put away for the year..

Hopefully the blooming season will last for another month or so...

Mahalo!!!

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

Alohas Laura and plan a trip this way some time during bloom time...luau is always in late August. :-)))

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Rox!!!

I would just love to see the blooming season out there... ;-)

Mahalo!!!

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

I will try to post some photos of the luau set up....depends on how much time I still have after the food prep/decor set up....roxanne

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

Laura, what a beautiful display! Desert Sunrise is magnificent. I got a 5 gallon from JJ this spring. It's gotten really big but no blooms this year. Can't wait to see pics of Taj Mahal and JJ's Orange!

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Rox!!!

I would love to see your set up.. You probably have a beautiful display!!!

Thanks for posting pics if you can!!!

Hi Powder.. I love my DS . It has been blooming all summer and changes all of the time.

Taj Mahal is about to open any day... I did have a few buds drop. Several people have mentioned this sometimes happens with this cultivar, so I'm hoping to have some beautiful blooms. I'll post when open. JJ Orange is about a week or so from blooming. Royal Hawaiian is about to open as well as Pele and Penang Peach.

Divine, Elsie, Lavender , Miami Rose , Thai Super Round , CS and DS are all blooming and looking good!!

I am happy!!!

Take care,

Laura

• cointx
    10 years ago

Beautiful arrangements, beautiful blooms, dinner and wine. Sounds like a little slice of heaven.

Thank you for sharing the photos.

BTW your previous pics of DS caused me to put her on my "gotta have it list", I would call it a wish list but I think sooner or later most on this forum get those on their wish list; therefore, I'm calling my list gotta have it!

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Cointx,

Thank you!!!

I think your " got to have it " list is right on target!!!

You will love this one... She was the first to bloom and she is still going strong..

I am so impressed with with this one.... ( Desert Sunrise)

Mahalo!!!

Laura