Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Oh-oh what's going on with my NOID?

No-Clue
11 years ago

I'm scratching my head over this... how can things changed so much so quickly?

{{gwi:1177573}}

My JJ's NOID looked like this in the mid-70s temps.

{{gwi:1186607}}

Then got a little more intense as the weather warmed up.

{{gwi:1191262}}

Turning into this with the latest heatwave

{{gwi:1191263}}

Yesterday it looked like this.

{{gwi:1191265}}

Then today like this...

{{gwi:1191266}}

This evening it started to turn purple??

{{gwi:1191268}}

In this picture you can see clearly that some of them are turning purple! It does have one bottom leave turning yellow so maybe it's getting too much sun? Or not enough water? Or need some fertilizer?

What in the world is going on? Should I be concerned? I really love my NOID. Have anyone ever seen this before?

Comments (9)

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC,

I think you should send it to me...lol

• Kimo
    11 years ago

PS...
    Nothing is wrong with your plant. When heat, light , humidity change so does the flowers. This time of year I have a lot of leaves turning yellow....

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

James, what are you doing up so late? LOL

Seriously, you don't think something is terribly wrong with my NOID? I'm scared to see what she will turned into tomorrow night! Sheesh!

Besides you have so many beauties that you're temping me with. Anyway how are you plants doing? Are you seeing more colors now that the weather is warmer? Post pics so I can drool over your beauties.

Know where I can find Sheer Beauty? :) Thanks James!

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Hey NC,

Your plant looks fine, just do not start fertilizing her too much. As for my plants yes, the reds are turning darker, the yellows that are suppose to have red veining or red colors like Ruby Gold from Oz, Sherbert Town, Firestorm from JJs, Penang Peach, Lava Flow start to develop their reds. Up until the heat wave Sherbert town was solid Yelow, Jackie was solid Yellow, Kimo was more yellow now pink and orange, and Musk rainbow is loking more purple around the edges. So your plumies fine.

As for Sheer Beauty that is another one I had 2 of, one from the source Anucha and another one from a friend who I think got it from BBB. Brad does have Sheer Beauty from time to time so you need to check out his site as it sells out quickly. I ended up getting rid of both of my SB as they did not perform well, did not look like its pic, save your money NC. JL Dane is another one that does not peform well.... So save your money. Get a purple Jack or a JL Golden Pagoda before Dane or SB. Golden Ray from JJ's is also nice and will perform to a degree in cooler temps and if you get in to the mid 80s plus GR is a stunner.

Ok hoped that helped.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok crossing Sheer Beauty and JL Dane off the list.

Adding JL Golden Pagoda, Golden Ray and Purple Jack back on. LOL.

Feel to just advise me what NOT to get that don't perform well around here. Thank you for your suggestions!

Have you connected with Bill? Is it time yet to go get my beauties from you and Bill??

• jandey1
    11 years ago

No-Clue, I see your problem: too many branches. You need to cut one off and send it to me to assess. ;)

Seriously, though, there is absolutely nothing wrong. The plant and flowers look gorgeous and healthy. Plumeria are well known for their flowers' variability in changing conditions. Didn't you want a purple anyway?

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL Jandey...

I do want purple but I wasn't sure if she was getting sick on me. But if you all think she looks fine then I won't worry about it. Phew!

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

NC,

It's outstanding and I can't believe that I'll have to be 3rd in line to play doctor through personal examination...LOL but I'm available if you need my evaluation. Hee hee :-)

D***, that's one beautiful noID. I have several JJ noIDs and my fingers are crossed that they will bloom even half as beautifully as yours. Unfortunately, they are also stubbornly refusing to bloom for me.

At any rate, as I've watched my trees blooming over the past couple of years, I've noticed that each inflo is in a constant state of flux, never staying the same, always evolving. It is absolutely the coolest thing about our little hobby/passion/obsession.

Greg

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Greg! I have another JJ's NOID but she's growing vigorously w/out inflo. She has grown so much that even her branches are much thicker and fatter than the trunk near the bottom. I'm going to have to do something to support her soon. Looking forward to being surprised next year.

Well that's one big advantage living near enough to JJ's. I can always just go browse... and buy something different. There a many plants that even John can't remember what they are. So by turning down Cherokee Geisha at the time for this NOID I think I made the right decision. Thanks to my nose... I bought her for her coconuty scent.