Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
georgecc

Anyone coming to Island Plumeria Open House 9/6 (Northridge, CA)?

georgecc
9 years ago

Anyone coming to the Island Plumeria Open House?

Here's the info:

"It's that time of year again for the Island Plumeria open house! Please come see what we have blooming. All plants are 15% off on the day of the sale.

Open House: Saturday September 6th, 2014 8:00am-4:00pm

Island Plumeria
9230 Vanalden Avenue
Northridge, CA 91324

818-970-2483

Sales tax will be added to all sales. Cash or check only."

Would love to meet up with some of you if you're coming.

Comments (12)

• toomanydogs
    9 years ago

Of course we are going, George! That's where we met you in person, was it 2 or 3 years ago? I knew from GardenWeb that you were interested in the Lutica so I paid attention when anyone went near it. When you picked it up I asked you if you were George, do you remember? We'll be there at 8:00, for sure!

• rox146
    9 years ago

watch for a Musk Rainbow for me....roxanne

• georgecc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Allison, I remember that well. I thought "how does that person know my name?". There were a lot of people there, but you came up to me the moment I picked up that Lutica!

Roxanne, last I checked, Island was out of Musk Rainbow - but I'll definitely let you know (and grab it) if I see one.

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Oh, fun! Wish we were close by, you all have so many sales and festivals going on all summer!

Have fun and sniff some flowers for me :)

• Mary1956
    9 years ago

I'm hoping to be there. Can't wait!

• georgecc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Will do, Jen! And Mary, hope you can make it!

• rox146
    9 years ago

George....check/look for a Thai Red for me and a Hawaiian Coral (JL)...Not sure what he is going to have...I e-mailed to ask him.....roxanne

• vishprasad06
    9 years ago

This will be my first time visiting this place and I can't wait to see all their varieties.. Does anybody have any tips or suggestions of varieties that smell like sandalwood or are exceptionally fragrant? Also does anyone know if Island Plumeria has other sales through out the year (like Christmas sale, thanksgiving, etc. just in case I won't be able to make it to their open house)

• georgecc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Vishprasad06, this is their one sale, and everything is 15% off. I really like the scent of Rainbow 36, but if you can come, smell all the flowers you can and decide. I'm not sure what his selection will be, as it changes, so I don't know what to recommend. Matthew the owner is very helpful, so you can ask him, and I'm sure he'll direct you to his most fragrant ones.

Roxanne, I'll be checking for those!

• toomanydogs
    9 years ago

Sorry Roxanne, no Thai Red, no Hawaiian Coral, no Musk Rainbow. I wanted and didn't find Doris Yvette or Speckletacular. I did manage to get his only JL Red Orange, a Goldmine, Suzanne St. Amor and a Maui Beauty. Should have gotten a Polynesian Red, when I went back to where they were they had all vanished. It was fun but very hot, NOAA was predicting a high of 100 degrees for today.

• rox146
    9 years ago

Thankyou so much for looking...I think I really must call it a year and put the list away for now Allison and George. I so appreciate you 2 looking in earnest for me all the time. It is really getting hard to shoe-horn these into such a small piece of property. Many Mahalos, you 2 are the best shoppers! roxanne

• georgecc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Roxanne, it's been a pleasure helping you shop. You always keep your eyes open for us, too, so we're very grateful!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz