Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rare or not?

Posted by HomesteadFLPlumerias Zone 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 3:26

I'm new to plumerias, I have a 20 foot tree of this type, and I got my hands on a cutting , can you tell me some tips? Maybe the rarest type? Anything I would have to know about plumerias. Also, is the 20 footer's flowers rare? Thanks :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rare or not?

It's a beautiful flower. But it's really hard to ID a cultivar based on a photo. If the plant is very tall and somewhat lanky, I suppose it COULD possibly be 'Miami Rose', which is quite common.

Not sure what kind of tips you are looking for. Growing tips maybe? Looks like you're doing everything right!

o

I agree with Dave, the flower + the fact that the tree is 20 ft and it sounds like in South FL(?) makes me think Miami Rose also. These are quite common in FL probably because they are hardy growers.

BTW, Miami Rose has a coconut or suntan oil scent.

o

It's VERY tall it doesn't really look like a tree, it's just straight up. I didn't get the whole tree, I'll try to get it next time I go to my dads nursery.

o

Its Miami Rose. Miami rose is very common in So Fl, also very leggy. The Suntan oil scent of Miami Rose is also a way to single her out. If you go to Lincoln Road Mall in South Beach the streets have many Miami Rose trees lining the streets to shade cars parked under them. So she is beautiful but not a rare cultivar.

o

I agree, definitely Miami Rose. They are all over the place in Miami and the Keys. They get really big in South Florida.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here