Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jperilloux

High Humidity

John Perilloux
11 years ago

78F and 95% humidity here at 7:00 AM. The sound of new growth woke me from a sound sleep.

Click for weather forecast

Comments (7)

• jandey1
    11 years ago

I thought about you this morning as I watched the weather report--78 degrees and 85% humidity at 7am. And yet yours is still worse!

Mint juleps, anyone?

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

It's a rather lovely morning here in my part of NC. At 11:00 it is 80* with 88 humidity.

• John Perilloux
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Put off mowing the lawn yesterday because the humidity was too high (94%) and had to mow it this morning at 95%. It probably grew an extra inch over those 24 hours. At 95% the grass is as wet as it is after a rain shower. The mower is harder to push in the wet grass and the clippings fall out in large clumps instead of spraying out in small clippings.

I've been hoping I'd hit the Powerball jackpot so I could move to Arizona, but I haven't come close yet. The heat and humidity are great for my papaya trees and new plumerias though.

Mint juleps or gin and tonic sounds good right now.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

88 98% and increasing, actually some rain clouds headed this way, even rained here for a bit.

They picked the wrong numbers at powerball for sure.

Anything with ice sounds very nice.

I am off Monday and need a machete to get through parts of the yard, I'll be sweating and whacking even if it does rain. Oh, please rain.
    Tally HO!

• John Perilloux
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You need a goat. When I was a child we had a goat that we'd tether in a different spot everyday. Kept the grass down nicely. We had to make sure it wasn't in reach of any flower beds or ornamentals because it would eat those too.

We need a break from this heat and humidity.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

got chickens who keep the weeds eaten,they also eat all the canna and gingers! It`s the brugs, oleanders, shrubs, ornamentals, bananas that they don`t eat that are going nuts and growing into the walkways. The plumeria are growing like weeds too.

Thought Helene was going to give us a break but doesn`t look like it, still 50% chance of rain today and tomorrow so will take it.
    What do you think, early November this year for the weather to finally be tolerable? I`m betting Sept and Oct are going to be hot and muggy as usual. It`s always hot for the LoneStar Rally in October. All those people in black leather.....ugh!
    Tally Ho!

• John Perilloux
    Original Author
    11 years ago

November sounds about right. My wife keeps asking the same question, and I give her the same answer.

Humidity was even higher at 7 AM today - 96%.

We had a gully washer and froggy strangler here yesterday and we'll need about 4 days of straight sunshine to dry out from that. The weather lady says we can expect more heavy rain tomorrow though. We're making up for the last few years of drought here.

I was away from home when that came up, and rain and wind was so heavy that rain was blown into my covered patio and wet my newly started JL Bleeding Heart cutting and Mardi Gras rooted cutting. I believe it didn't harm the Mardi Gras, but I'm concerned about the Bleeding Heart.

Hope you get a break tomorrow.