Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irun5k_gw

FL Lowes

irun5k
10 years ago

Hi all,

Anyone partake in the FL Lowes JJ plumerias this year? What did your store get?

I just window shopped :) The St. Pete store just had a big rack of Mini Whites and Divines.

The south Tampa store also had Thumbelina and Elsie. Overall not much diversity, but those are still solid choices for the general market if you can only offer a few.

Brian

Comments (7)

• plucrazy
    10 years ago

I got three this year, Thai Jade that has really bloomed. I got a California sunset with no inflos, and Inca Gold. They still have some left in the Lowes in Sanford Fl but I didn't want to duplicate. Last year I got about 3-4, and they are only $20. I got a sensational and it hasn't bloomed but has grown tons. All of them are supposed to be dwarfs but they really spread out. I'm trying to resist buying until some of them bloom so I can see what I have. A Brad's BB Samgwam Timtab has bloomed and it is really beautiful.
    It was really gloomy and over cast here for June and July with lots of rain, and I did't get many inflos. Now they are starting to come out. Yah.

• frogview00
    10 years ago

I bought one in Ft. Lauderdale. It had a JJ marker, but not labeled as to name. The Lowes marker just said "Frangipani".

Jim

• rox146
    10 years ago

So look on the trunk for any kind of initials. I bought 5 like that and was able to idea from the initials and his web site. roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Brian!!!

Lucky you!!!

Wish we had some place to buy Plumies... Well, maybe I am glad.!!!

I wish you all the best!!!

Laura

• pcput
    10 years ago

Brian, I too ran all over your area when we were there and found the same as you except for the West Hillsborough Avenue Lowes had Thai Splash and I found 1 CA. Sunset closer to you. I found the TS first and if I had found them after some of the selection at the other stores I probably would have bought one but was looking for others (that I didn't find). I didn't want to drive back up there so ended up buying none. Maybe next year they will have more varieties.
    Peg

• irun5k
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi all,

plucrazy, you are right, $20 isn't a bad deal esp. since they're all multi-tipped. I've had varying luck with the JJs I've picked up from Lowes in past years. Divine and Thumbelina from last year are both blooming but the Inca Gold hasn't bloomed in two years.

Peg: sounds like you did a Tour de Lowes :) It is strange how each store seemed to get a couple varieties, but different stores got different ones. If they would mix it up better, each store would have a decent spread.

Laura: you're right, probably better you don't have a source nearby. LOL

• Minderella
    10 years ago

I only saw CS and Divine. I didn't buy either

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County