Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pudica propagation

Posted by beth7happy 9 CtrlFl (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 8:09

I have three beautiful pudica in pots - one is perfect; the other two seem tall and lanky. Do you treat these the same as other plumeria in propagation? ie. take the cutting and let it callous off before trying to root? I'm also thinking of putting some (if I can get some cuttings rooted) into the ground for next season.....any thoughts on that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pudica propagation

Yes but it only takes a couple days for the cut end to callus. Then it needs to go into damp sand. I like to use lava sand because its very coarse and porous and it provides loads of nutrients to the cutting.

o

thanks for the input, Seamommy. I've had good luck rooting plumeria, but have never tried these. I'd imagine that you cut off all the foliage from these, as well? And where do you get lava sand?

o

I'm not familiar with Lava Sand. Love to hear more about it.

You can also use perlite and soil mixed 50/50 or even 100% perlite. the key is to let it callus (my experience is typically longer than a few days) water once, keep dry and forget about it for about 6 weeks.

o

thank you for your input, kms. time for me to go snip! we're fasting moving away from out hot weather for rooting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here