Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
printmaster1

Hurricanes First Blooms

Here is a pic of my Hurricanes first blooms.

Temps here in Texas yesterday 108, & 75% humidity.

Lonnie

Comments (16)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

looks great Lonnie.

Man you could squeeze water out of the air with that humidity.

Mike

• citizen_insane
    11 years ago

Hi Lonnie,
    we have cooler temperatures here in the Houston area. My Hurricane is more red.

tc,
    George

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Very nice. I like the grain texture. It gives it almost a shine quality in the photos.

• nativec
    11 years ago

Thank you for posting Hurricane. It's gorgeous! Its a new addition for me this year. After seeing the pic's it confirms for me again that it was the right call to add it to my collection.

I would also like to say that I will no longer complain about the heat and humidity here in CA again. I thought 106 and 35% humidity was bad! I can't imagine what 75% feels like,....ahhhh! Stay cool:)

Take care,
    Nicole

• pcput
    11 years ago

I too added Hurricane this year so was happy to see the pics. Thanks for taking the time to post them. I use to dread the hot days here. Now it's just another good day for the plants. They changed everything. Thanks for reminding me Nicole. Peg

• houstontexas123
    11 years ago

very nice color and texture on both

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Nice, Lonnie. I remember being surprised at the show at the great, strong scent, pleased enough by it to add it to my want list. How's yours smell?

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

Wow, I love the contrast in the first photo! This one has unique color markings and the ability to turn such a lovely red color is so amazing!
    Just Beautiful!
    Stuart

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

I also added hurricane to my patch this year. I bought mine because of the red color, I hope it looks like your picture Stuart. We had a cool day only 106 yesterday, my plant is still too small to even put out inflos. Thanks for posting pictures. Barbra

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jandey,

It has a cinnamon smell to me.
    I love reds and cinnamon!!
    More pics next week, more blooms opening.
    Lonnie

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

So far I have not added a Hurricane to my collection but not because I don't think she's a beauty! Somewhere around the WWW I read that she is suppose to have a coconut scent? If anyone can confirm that, then Hurricane will be close to the top of my "must have" list.

Beautiful flower, Lonnie! I love that color.

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It maybe a spicy scent, but not a coconut to me. It might change as the blooms age.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Lonnie

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Updated pics from yesterday afternoon 08.13.12.
    Temps 103, low humidity.

Lonnie

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Lonnie--congrats!

Greg

• beachplant
    11 years ago

You are going to make me drive off the island aren't you? I must have one! Though I do hate the name this time of year lol.

35% humidity! Wow! I don't know if ours has ever been that low, might dry up and blow away. 35% wow!
    Tally HO!

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tally,
    I hate to be the enabler, but you'll love the dark reds!
    At least you can drive somewhere to pick them up.
    No one in North TX has anything other than celadine or plastic pink. But, building my collection thanks to the other emablers on this forum!
    We have to blame some one, right?
    Lonnie