Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upland Nursey

Posted by kitnor 9A FL (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 9:27

Has anyone used Upland Nursey in Orange Ca?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upland Nursey

It's close to my house. I haven't bought cuttings from them (yet) but there are two I've decided on. I'm getting them early next season because I'm not sure how fast I can root them now.

o

Upland has a great selection, and is an overwhelming place to visit (in a good way). Their prices are on the high side, but they do have sales during the summer. Some of my biggest plumeria have come from Upland (I bought during a 50% off sale). They also do amazing multi-color grafted plumeria. I've never bought cuttings from them, though, only full trees.

o

They are crazy expensive there. It's like 60 dollars for a celandine that's like 16 inches tall. Cuttings are decent prices but you have to order them a day in advanced.

Josh

o

Thanks for your reply. I have ordered 1 cutting to see what I get.
kitnor

o

my personal experience with upland has been highly positive..great cutting prices when on sale and some cool varietals. A little late in the season for cuttings right now, but the ones I have from upland are all great- big, plump, and fresh cuts.

Best of luck to you!
-stephen

o

Received my cutting today. Very fresh; still had all the leaves on it. Looked ok. Pleased.
Kitty

o

• Posted by KJMM none (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 23:23

I bought half of my plumies there this year. Great large specimens. Nice staff.

o

Kitnor,
Like others have said, they're a bit pricey, but they have great sales near the end of the growing season for us ( green and orange dots spray painted on the side of pots). The staff is very knowledgable and nice and the cuttings that I have gotten have been great quality and I've only lost 2 ( when I tried the bag method).
They also have a great website with all the cuttings you can order.

Have fun!

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here