Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Donald Angus Rotted again

Posted by juicygirl 9/10 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 10:11

I've done so poorly with it. It's the only one out of 10 different cuttings that gave me trouble. Of course it was the most expensive one at $30 for a cutting

Maybe I can save the very tip and put it down in perlite.
Maybe I should just give up on this one. I think the rot is about half way up right now.

Last night I thought the only thing left to do is grafting it. I may have been a little delirious.

Donald angus
Donald angus rotted

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Donald Angus Rotted again

I have heard the red plumerias were harder to root and took longer to do so if they did. Maybe that's one of the reasons I haven't tried one yet.

o

I feel your pain juicygirl. At this point, try cutting to the clean wood. I would root in straight perlite using a small cup with holes at the bottom. Be sure to drench the perlite well in water before putting in your cutting. It wouldn't hurt to mist the cutting periodically. Maybe other growers will have better suggestions. Good luck and keep us updated.

Kasied

o

...or send it off to Florida colors to graft. Might be worth it on this one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here