Comments (24)

• rox146
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

so nice Laura. Is Thai Super Round the same as JJ Super Round? roxanne

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Laura- what a way to brighten someone's day!! They are ALL such beautiful blooms! Thank you for sharing - gorgeous colors!!

Chuy

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Beautiful Laura!

I really love your holder (thingie). Where did you buy this? :)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Laura, those blooms are beautiful, I bet that room smells like heaven. K, and I were lucky enough to get one of the most sought after fragrant plumeria at the Ft Bend PSA sale. Thanks to K's strategy, we both got Elizabeth Thornton's Rainbow. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Laura, those blooms are beautiful, I bet that room smells like heaven. K, and I were lucky enough to get one of the most sought after fragrant plumeria at the Ft Bend PSA sale. Thanks to K's strategy, we both got Elizabeth Thornton's Rainbow. Barbra

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

What? No CRABGRASS??

Gorgeous blooms and arrangement -- and thanks for ID'ing them!

I really like the intense colors of San Miguel.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Love the arrangement!! If I tried something like that, our cats would have a field day - so thanks for letting me live vicariously! ;)

• pcput
    10 years ago

Beautiful Laura! Look just as good as on the trees :)
    I can almost smell them from here! Oh wait their on my table from bring them home. Thanks again.
    Peg

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

looks great!! Seeing ETLD next to some that I also have really makes me want, I mean need to get one.

Thanks for sharing Laura.

Mike

• Kenny
    10 years ago

Laura,

That's a beautiful arrangement. I should find me one of those logs ;)

Kenny

• plumejunkie
    10 years ago

2 thumbs up!

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :)

-Robert

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

So pretty! Love TLD. Best yellow in the world. Kapalua..... I am not seeing the bright tangerine orange. Do you know if the previous owner got the orange?

Here is a photo of Hetty's in Naples Florida I'm wondering if it's one that has to have the intense rays of tropical sun to turn orange.

http://allthingsplants.com/pics/2012-06-24/Dutchlady1/c26d0b.jpg

My Kapalua's info got beat up by the hail storm we had a couple of months ago. I thought it might make it, but it was just too small still and too fragile so it will be next year. We may go up EP this weekend and look around. If any are in bloom, I'll get pictures.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

Hi Rox,

I believe it is... Call John at JJ 's and ask him. I believe I bought it from him !!
    Thanks for the nice reply!!!

Hi Chuy!!!

Thank you.. I think it brightens my day too!!! Just to see these beauties makes me feel good.. mahalo, my friend!!!

Hi Lynn... I bought the wood at Petsmart.. I made it by cutting floral bottles that hold stems of flowers in little vials of water. I cut them down to size, then glued them where I wanted them. It was very easy.. A few years ago, a nice lady from CA posted a huge display of hers, so we all tried our hand at making one. This is Mine!!! Glad you like it!! It is fun to display the blooms on the table...

Hi Barbra.. It does smell beautiful in my house.. I also have tuberoses in a vase in the house too... So it does smell like heaven to me!!

You and K were lucky to get those two.. Great job!!! I spoke to John and he is a nice man... He is helping me and I certainly appreciate the help. Thank you so much, Barbra!!!! I could talk to him for hours... ;-)

How is the little one to be?

Please post a pic of your ET Rainbow? Love to see it!!! Thanks you!!!

Hi Dave... Lol.. Only save the crabgrass for my assistant.. She has her hand in the grass and knows what to do with all of the flowers and grass. Love that cutie!!! She can help me anytime... Although, my grandson will be one soon... He can start too!!! ;-). Hope you and yours are doing well?

Daogirl...I'm sure the cats would love this... I'm making another for a friend.. It looks great!! Fun to make and all are different!! Thank you!!!

Hi Peg... Lol. You can smell them whenever you like.. As long as I can pick up the tab at lunch... DO YOU KNOW SHE ARM WRESTLES ME FOR THE TAB? Yep.. She sure does... But I won last time!!! HA!!!

Glad you liked your blooms.. I'm glad Wizard rooted well for you too! Enjoy!!! ;-)

Hi Mike.. ETLD has been the most profuse bloomer so far this season with blooms up to 5 inches .. It is huge. Whatever is happening, it loves it right now.. Lol. Did you get my email? Your Gardenias have rooted.. Yours, Roberts, and Kenny's . I'll let you know when I can send them. They need to acclimate to soil now.. They look great tho!!!

Now you NEED to get a ETLD!!! Lol!!!

Hi Kenny.. Petsmart The reptile dept...lol... Then go to the florist and by the vials that hold water.. Cut down with tool and glue with e6000 to the wood. Works great!!! Thanks, Kenny.. You have a rooted Gardenia too! ;-)

Hi Plumiejunkie... Thanks for the thumbs up!! Awesome!!! mahalo!!

Hi Robert.. Thank you too! I have a Gardenia.. For you too!! Trade for the gold.... ? Lmao!!!

powder...yes, the previous owner had pictures of the orange. It was pulled from the ground and was stressed from that move and then the move to my house in VA. They purchased theirs from Allan at Exotic Plumeria. So I know mine will continue to Change. It was in shock , but whatever color it shows me.. I love it. I can see a change every time it opens a new bloom. I am just thankful it pushed Inflos and didn't abort. So whatever color... It is beautiful to me... ;-)

Thank you to my friends for making this happen... I respect you all and I appreciate your generosity!!! Words cannot express how much this means.. All of you who helped.. MAHALO!!!

Have a good night everyone!!!

Thanks for the nice comments..

My Rachel's Cloud and Lani are pushing Inflos now.. I am so excited!!

Night all...

Laura

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

Very nice, Laura!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Laura, to me John looks like Patrick Duffy, from the TV series Dallas. Just in case you were wondering. Barbra

• barb13_gw
    10 years ago

Beautiful flowers Laura, Thanks for sharing. Barb

• rox146
    10 years ago

Laura, thanks for your reply on the Supoer round. I bought my this year at the Lowes frenzy and it is in the 1 1/2 gal. pot he sells them in. It is growing great,BUT, seams to have the older leaves wilt VERY easily. esp. when afternoon sun hits it. So, I am now trying it in filtered afternoon sun. How is yours situated? Cannot wait for thee blooms next year. roxanne

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Lovely, Laura, and a nice selection of varieties. Your plants must look incredible this time of year!

Mine are all so leafed out that it's starting to look like a jungle back there. I need more land...

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Just leaving to go to the coast, wasn't going to go until tomorrow, but he changed his mind. I'll catch up when I get back on Sunday. I hope to see blooms when I get there. I have my fingers crossed. Camera is already there, gosh I am so excited, to see how the drip irrigation is working out. The coolest it has been here since Monday is 104 degrees. Its always cooler down there. Barbra

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

so pretty.

• georgecc
    10 years ago

It's beautiful, Laura.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Printmaster!!

Thank you!
    Hi Barbra!! Lol. "Dallas" eh? I remember those days!! ;-). Good show!!
    John is a very nice gentleman and I enjoyed our conversation very much
    ! Thank you as always for your help ! I can't wait to see pics!! Be safe !

Hi Barb! Thank you! Always like to see your trees too!
    Hi Rox!!! You are more than welcome!! I keep mine on the back deck between the ETLD and Taj Mahal. So it is somewhat sheltered from the hiot sun hitting the containers , but it is In Full sun all afternoon.
    Thai Super Round likes water too! ;-)

I'll take another pic for you when I get home!!

Hi Jen! I bet you are getting excited? Lucky lady. .. ;-)

Thank you for the kind comments!
    All of my trees are doing great and I am having the best year ever. I guess All of the time and patience is finally paying off. I'm Very happy!
    My deck does look like a jungle too! Lol. I need more land . But , that would mean... More trees! Heehee!

Lnorigh! Thank you so much!! I really appreciate you kind comments!!

Hi George!

Mahalo for the comments too! You are having a fantastic year. Keep the pics coming!

Take care everyone!!!

Laura

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Well just got back from the coast, nothing new was blooming. Magnum Opus had one tiny bloom on it, didn't even look like its bloom. I will just have to wait until October when it gets into the high 70's, its just too hot right now. I decided I am going to stop feeding for right now. I did find a seed pod on my red and white desert rose. I always wondered how they made seeds. Looks just like the seed pod on my plumeria. Hoping in Oct I can show you a Texas Arrangement. I hope I can find something as nice as you have to display the blooms. Barbra