Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
legally_blonde_27

My Introduction

Legally_Blonde_27
11 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to briefly introduce myelf. I'm Gayle and I've recently moved to the San Gabriel Valley to help my parents.

I was in court reporting for 27 years and recently retired ...(Thus my User Name).

My Dad (in mid 80's) has about a half-acre yard with many potted Plumerias and a few trees. My Dad says he wants me to take over their care some day soon! So I just may need your help!!

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to "meeting" you all and learning more about these beautiful plants!

~~Gayle~~

P.S. How would I find which Zone I'm located in? I have noticed many people refer to that in their posting.

P.P.S. These are my two tzus, Mollie and Sophie.

Comments (11)

• AZPlumieDude
    11 years ago

Welcome Gayle.

You can find your zone here: http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brady

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Hi Gayle
    Welcome to the forum or should I say the obsession lol Really anything you want to know most likely can be found in the search section of this forum. You can also just post questions and someone will always answer. As far as I am concerned soil and nutrition are what you need to learn first. Once you have that down, the rest is just being patient.
    Just get ready to be awed, enabled and addicted by this forum it wont take long!! :)
    your in a different zone than I am but I know there is a zone finder here somewhere. In the main page under tools and directories there is a drop down menu, I think the zone finder is in there. Just put in your zip and your good to go. Good luck and listen to your dad, if he has them growing in the ground he knows a thing or two.

Jackie

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

Aloha, and welcome to the forum. The San Gabriel Valley is at least a 9 but your only real concern is how much frost days come down from the mountains. Hard frosts (lasting for several hours) are deadly to plumerias. Light frost may result in some black tip but the plant will survive, usually. Your main concern will be around Dec to February. if plants are growing already, you are probably pretty safe.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Hi Gayle! You will love it here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Lots of good resources here.

Bill your little Diva is gorgeous and she knows it too. Lol. I love that photo.

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

my wife never had a Barbie Head while growing up so the Shih-tsu fills the gap.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

what is a Barbie head???
    I don't think they had them when I was a kid, Barbie was relatively young all those years ago.

If your dad has the plumeria happy and healthy then you need to pick his brain like crazy, write it down. If it ain't broken don't fix it!

Welcome.
    Tally HO!

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Well she's a gorgeous Diva. She almost looks human like w/ her gaze. She's totally posing. And the Plumerias just enhanced her beauty. I love it! Makes me smile when I see it.

• pcput
    11 years ago

Welcome to the group Gayle. Sit back and hold on. Your in for quite a ride. :) Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Welcome, Gayle!

Very interesting career, I'm sure!

I wish you the best helping your parents. It's tough when they get older, huh?

Bill - you should use that photo as your Christmas card :)

• georgecc
    11 years ago

Welcome, fellow Newbie!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Welcome Gayle!!

Im sure you will enjoy everyone here!!

We have a great group of Plumeria lovers...

So nice to meet you!!

Chelsea is a beauty!! Lucky little gal!! Hi to Sherry

too!

Bill.. You have to post the pic of the butterfly on her nose.. That is sooo cute!!! : ) TKS!!

Laura

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio