Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is my planted affected by something?

Posted by newgen 9 Central California (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 12:32

Just over the last 2 days, I've noticed the leaves turning yellow and looking like this. I water regularly, following Bill's recipe of Spray N Gro, and Seaweed extract & Superthrive. Thanks!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is my planted affected by something?

From what I can tell, the plumerias seem to go into a mild dormancy at the peak of summer when they drop their oldest leaves. Mine have been doing this for a few weeks and are now starting to put on new claws at the tips. Your plant looks good otherwise so I wouldn't worry.

o

Jandey is correct. No worries. Just pick off the yellow ones and toss them in the traxh. As the temps fall off, certain plants begin to reject the bottom leaves to concentrate on the new growth. Bill

o

Hello Everyone,

Newgen,

I find myself when i look over my trees that i just walk by the trees that have yellowing leaves and pop them off of the tree.

Just like Jen and Bill say, its natural for the tree to shed some of the older leaves to make way for the tree to naturally grow...just like "shedding"

Your tree looks great!!

Cut them off or pop them like some of us do... your tree will be fine!

Take care everyone...

Laura in VB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here