Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

More blooms In Virginia Beach... Taj Mahal..

Hi Everyone!!

Sorry for posting this way... For some reason Photobucket is working for me and it is so frustrating..

I figured I would just do it this way.. Sorry for adding pic after pic. I think I need to get another place to store my pics..

Here is Taj Mahal starting to open.

Comments (37)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Saigon Moon getting ready too!

Original Author
    10 years ago

Royal Hawaiian

Original Author
    10 years ago

Lavender... I love this one... It has taken several years too!!!

Original Author
    10 years ago

JL Hawaiian Fire

Original Author
    10 years ago

Kohola

Original Author
    10 years ago

Royal Hawaiian just a minute ago...

Original Author
    10 years ago

Miami rose

Original Author
    10 years ago

Back deck...lol. See why DH needs " eye drops..." ;-)

I like it tho...

Thanks for looking!!!

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Laura

Original Author
    10 years ago

Elizabeth Thornton Lemon Drop

Original Author
    10 years ago

Lani

Original Author
    10 years ago

Penang Peach. Getting ready....

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thai Super Round

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

Bret needs to build you a large heated barn for snow season. LOL Some of your babies are not babies anymore. My Taj has tons of buds but none open yet. Maybe too cool. My Lavender has a basketball sized inflo sticking out of the top of the plant about 9' high. It will grow like a beast. Love the look of the yard now. Sherry is back to school and says hi. Take care. Bill

Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol... Hi bill!!!

He already built me this little one... But, I think I will need a barn!!! ;-).

Things we do when we have to bring them in for the winter... Its a wonder that he doesn't go into shock... LMAO!!!

He is a good sport tho... I'm hoping the warm temps settle in your area soon. I'm sure you have quite the yard now with all of the flowers in bloom!!!

Tell Sherry I said hello and that the boxes will start again soon if she still wants them for the kids!!! Give her a big hug for me!!!

Wanted to share the little barn with you and the rest of the yard!!

Have a wonderful summer, Bill!!

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 2:15

Original Author
    10 years ago

The other side of the yard...

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 2:17

• Minderella
    10 years ago

How many will that hold?

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Omg!!! Laura!!! So so beautiful! Love Hawaiian Fire and Lani ;). But all are so gorgeous. Wish it was a bit warmer here. Lol

Chuy

• nauticalcoasts
    10 years ago

Wow, your set up is amazing! I hope someday I'll have a set up like that and as many plumerias as you do! Thanks for sharing (:

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Amazing flowers and plants and yard! It looks so lush and green!

Mark

• jandey1
    10 years ago

OMG, Laura, love the Hawaiian Fire! It's on my If-I-Had-3-Acres list!

• rox146
    10 years ago

It is on my list too...I need more land and time....aloha, roxanne

• kaktuskris
    10 years ago

Beautiful blooms as usual, Laura!

Christopher

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Laura, do you know if Kohala is aka Scott Pratt, or totally different?

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    10 years ago

Beautiful flowers. Bet your yard smells wonderful.....
    Sharon

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Those are great laura!! Love them all.

mike

• barb13_gw
    10 years ago

Laura, I love them all. And love the picture of all of yours on the deck. I think a lot of us have a forest of plants but there is always room for more somewhere. It is so nice when so many bloom and that you get to see how beautiful and different they are. Enjoy, Barb

• mscynthia
    10 years ago

I'd love to just stand by your deck and sniff :) So many beautiful blossoms, too.

Cynthia

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm laughing so hard... No one told me a few pics were upside down.. I posted these pics from my iPad and they looked fine.. Then when I looked at the thread on my iPhone they were upside down.. Sheesh!!

Robert confirmed it to on an email, thanks Robert... You do have my back!!! ;-)

Thanks !!! ( still laughing.. Couldn't get to the edit thread fast enough...)

Hi Mindy!! The greenhouse will hold around thirty or so.. I will keep the best ones growing under lights this winter and the big boys will be stripped as well as most of the little ones, then brought inside for the winter... It is a job!!!

Hi Chuy !! Thanks!! I love Hawaiian Fire too!! Still is making my head spin!! Love this beauty!!! Lani as well.. She is one that makes me stare at her all day!!! I do hope it warms up for you guys!!! ;-)

Hi Nauticalcoast.. Thank you!! I have worked hard on my yard and it is finally looking the way I planned many years ago!! Mahalo!!!

Thank you Mark!! I love the look of the tropics... So I decided to make my yard look like I was in a place where I could go and relax and not leave the house. It has taken over 18 years to get the palms as is.. But , it was worth it!!!

Thanks Jen!! Welcome back!! Hope you had a wonderful time!!! We need pics... Lol. Love to see some?

Thank you for the comment on HF . She is something and I will say that I love her beauty.. I wish I had more land too!! Lol.. DH would have me committed tho. LMAO! He is close... Hehehehe,,,

The Kohola seems to be different to me than the Scott Pratt. I have also seen it listed as a aka.. But my Scott Pratt blooms were more burgundy than this Kohola. This one has more purple hues to it. It was hard for the camera to pic up the true color, but it seems to be different to me. I did see on Diana's list that it was a aka for SP. I'm not sure.. It looks totally different to me.. But, my Scott Pratt bloomed last year.. This year I'm not so sure. The leaf and stems on the SP have the red veining to them where as the Kohola is more green all around.. ???? Who knows... I just know that I love the color of Kohola.. It is like no other!!!

Aloha Rox!!! I hear you about land.. Your house is beautiful tho!!! OMG.. The views you have as well as the decking on the water.. MMmmmm, looks wonderful to me!! I bet you could slip a HF right in there!!! ;-). Would love it next to the railing... Lol!! Sorry.. Trying not to enable.. But, it is fun!!!
    Thank you !!!

Hi Christopher!!!

Thank you for the nice comments.. You asked about my palms.. I added the pic above for you to see. They are cold hardy in my area, but not when I first planted them. The first three years, I protected them during the winter. I would wrap the hearts with heat tape ( pluming tape for pipes) and then tuck them in with Burlap. Only the hearts of the trees. I was the first in my area to experiment with them in my landscaping over 20 years ago and now you see palms all around VB. great business to be in!!! The oceanfront even got in the groove several years ago. They look good , but the wind causes lots of issues and the heads look tattered and dry. But others have them in their yards and they are doing great. I have Windmills, Sabal Palmettos and Butias aka Pindo Palms.. All cold hardy to my zone. Thanks for asking!!! Also for the nice comments too!!!

Hi Sharon!! The yard does smell wonderful.. Especially at night when the blooms have the strongest fragrance. I also love the Tuberose.. It really makes the yard smell wonderful.. Thank you!!!

HI Mike!!! I know you are going to have a yard full of trees around your pool!!! I can't wait to se pics... You have been quiet here.. Must be working on that yard?? I can't wait to see.... mahalo!!!

Hi Barb!! Lol.. That is why i love seeing all of yours!!! You have a huge collection at your house. Simply beautiful!!!!
    I always love to see pics of your trees and the blooms... It is such a wonderful feeling to see new Inflos.. Or lush growth on the trees.. We are true plumiholics!! Just like all the rest of us!!! ;-)

hi Cynthia!!! I agree with you.. It makes me so happy to come home from work and walk onto the deck to see what is happening with my babies while I have been gone. They always surprise me with something.. It might even be a new moth or a Praying Mantis.. You just never know.

A few nights ago at dusk, I saw a Bald Eagle fly over my house. It was low and it had a twig in its Talons... I was over joyed seeing this beauty!!! Nature and Plumeria.. Can't beat it!!! ;-)

Take care everyone!!!

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 13:43

• pcput
    10 years ago

Sorry for the late response, Laura. Beautiful as always! I've got all the blood rushing back out of my head now. Had to stand on my head to look at the pics. I had too many wires to turn the computer over. We were gone for the long weekend and now I've got lots of catching up to do. Peg

• rox146
    10 years ago

Aloha Laura...always love to read your posts and you have the best blooms....roxanne

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Hi Laura,

Oh wow JL Hawaiian Fire is simply divine! I must have that one too. Your yard is like heaven on earth. I have enjoyed looking at all your beauties. Thank you for sharing!

Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol peg. These pics I thought were in the right position. I used the iPad on some and they were sideways. Lol. Sorry about that!! Glad you had a nice weekend!! Missed you!! Lunch soon? ;-)

Hi Roxanne!! I really appreciate the kind comments!! Mahalo! You have some beauties too!! Always love your pictures!!! Gorgeous !!

Hi Lynn! Thank you!! I love my Hawaiian Fire She is always changing from the first bloom to this one. As she opens, the fire comes alive. I'm still in awe of this one. I'm very happy with her!!! Mahalo!!

Thanks everyone!

Have a wonderful day!!

Laura

• Mykel02
    10 years ago

Hi Laura,

Lovely blooms and love the look of your yard...
    Where did you get your Taj Mahal? So beautiful!!!

• Mykel02
    10 years ago

Hi Laura,

Lovely blooms and love the look of your yard...
    Where did you get your Taj Mahal? So beautiful!!!

Original Author
    10 years ago

thank you Mike!!!

I purchased mine from Matt or Fuzzy... I can't remember which one, but keep an eye out for them on their eBay auction...

Thanks!!!

Laura

• astrl
    10 years ago

Wow, thanks for sharing the pics. That is a beautiful yard you have!

Mine are just about too tall to bring inside anymore. At least one will have to sit outside this winter.

astrl

• nativec
    10 years ago

Hi Laura- the first thing that popped into my head was the song "Killing me softly". Which is kind of strange since its not even from my generation. Except that it was killing me slowly...WITH YOUR BLOOMS! LOL. I can't even pick a favorite. Wait...I lied that JL Hawaiian is rockin' the house!

I always love looking at your flowers!

Muah!
    Nicole

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus