Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More on IDhwlp Calif. Sunset?

Posted by labland Inland Valley CA9 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 13:09

OK folks, these are more recent pictures of what was supposed to be royal Hawaiian, but isn't I realized the earliest pix don't show size, which may help identifying it. It is a long lasting flower, at least 4 days in this heat, it never opened up totally, as you can see from the pix. It is small, 2-2 1/2" at most, if it opened up like Bill's Psycho White, it would be the same size, but it doesn't so diameter wise, it is smaller. Thick petal, wonderful very stong floral fragrance. Also, it did not fade much at all compared to the first photo, unlike the one in the picture that I compared it to, which fades quickly.
Does this help? I got it from the spring garden show, check was to Mona Lisa Palmer. If anyone has her email, I will email her to see which she thinks it may be.

First day opened:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Day 5

Back side out of focus
Compared to another blossom, average sized

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More on IDhwlp Calif. Sunset?

MONA LISA PHONE: 616.367.3581

I BOUGHT FROM HER AT THE SCPS & COSTA MESA.

o

Hey Jen,

Glad to see Plumie girl gave you her number....I did have the info. Let me know if you need anything else!!!

Beautiful bloom!!! Gorgeous color!!!

Plumie girl..we all were probably at the same place at the same time!!! LOL...we were the girls with all of the packages...LOL Ericka Jen Diana and Bill were all at that spot for a long time helping us to decide onn what to buy!!! Mona Lisa had a great booth!!! She is very helpful too! I have called her several times to have a ID check myself!!!

Hope you find out Jen!!

Take care..

Laura in VB

o

• Posted by labland Inland Valley CA9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 19:51

Thanks! I have been so excited to have varieties that I KNOW vs no id! I love the color of this one, and it just so happens that Bill gave me a cutting of Royal Hawaiian after the show, so that way I don't have duplicates! I don't have room for duplicates!

Thank you for the phone number PlumieGirl!

Yes, we we were all lined up, with piles of cuttings in our arms (especially Laura!!!)

In the meantime, any suggestions on what this is, Bill, James? Anybody?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here