Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

has anyone heard of any of these red plumeria?

honeybunny2 Fox
11 years ago

Just got an email from Frank, that my rooted cuttings are ready to be pickted up. He wanted to know if I wanted to get Red Marshall, Red Magic, or Red Rainbow since he has plants ready on those now. Does anyone know anything about these? I search the forum, and nothing has ever been posted about them. I am going to pick up my plants on Saturday, so I have to decide by then. Barbra

Comments (13)

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Barbra,

I have not heard of them... but any red to me is beautiful! Can you ask him to send you some pictures?

What plants are you picking up from Frank? :)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am going to pick up Metallica and pink ruffels. I saw them in bloom in his backyard in May. I ordered 4 but the other 2 did not root. I have enought money to buy 2 of the red ones. I may wait until I get there and maybe they will be in bloom. I am suppost to get my camera in the mail today, Yea! I will take pictures if any of them are blooming when I go. I really do want you to see his Metallica. You just have to see it for youself. Barbra

• beachplant
    11 years ago

no clue but looking forward to pics!

I`m torn, go buy plumeria this weekend or plywood? Watching a storm with an I name and an ever changing course is just a little too deja vu! Jim (Cantore) is still at the weather channel so too early to tell, when he shows up on location you know you are in trouble. We saw him on the Seawall as we were evacuating for Ike.
    Everyone on the coast stay safe and good luck!
    Tally HO!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Tally,

I am hoping and praying that this storm doesn't effect you and your area... We will be watching and hoping for the best.. Jim has been in our area lots of times and i know how you feel when they do the live shots right in your hometown. Doesn't make you feel good about the storm...

Goog Luck. We will be watching and praying for you all...

Barbra.. I cant wait to see pics of the reds and the Metallica!! Oh, how exciting!!!

Hi Lynn.. I agree any red is beautiful!!! I would like to see pics.. Haven't heard of those reds tho..

Be careful you all down in the path...

Laura

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laura, I don't think that Tally and I have to worry, the hurricanes that hit us come thru Mexico. Issac is going much further east. Tally if you do not have the plywood. Spend half your $$ on plywood, and half on plants. You might want to wait until you come down to Rockport and get your plants. Not at a PSA sale, but thru Frank or John. I know where they live. If you cannot make it, let me know I can mail plants to you. I have to warn you that all the seedling Larry in La Porte sent me look alike. a smaller bloom Madri Gras. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I normally do not look at the weather channel, this morning I did. My hubands aunt, told me not to worry unless the storm comes from the Bay of Campeche. I just looked at the path of previous hurricans that have hit the Texas coast, and this is not always true. Tally you might want to get the plywood. We went to to a glass company and had aluminum strips with groves made, then attached them to the stucco at the top and bottom of each window. My husband cut plywood to size for each window and marked it. It takes him at little over an hour to put the plywood up on the house and garage using this system. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok, I have found Red Magic at Sunshine Coast Farm, but it doesn't say anything about the smell or size of bloom. I am still waiting to hear from Allene to see what she recommends. The new camera is great, it has a setting that dummies can use. I should be able to take pictures, as long as the sun is shinning. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I bought red magic, Frank said the bloom is hugh and beautiful. I hope that it will do well for me, it is a newly rooted plant with claws. Barbra

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Looking forward to pictures, Barbra!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Did he tell you about the scent of Red Magic? Whatever.. I'm sure it will be a beauty.

I'm glad you peeps in Texas don't have Isaac barreling down on you. Tally hasn't gotten over Ike yet, I don't think! I can understand... we had Isabel here in '03. She came directly over top of us with winds at 105. Minimal hurricane, but it left us without power for 7 days and without water for 9. Horrible times.
    Our old generator would not work so we had to get one sent from Florida. Couldn't buy one around here.
    We went 3 times a day to the Red Cross for food and water until we got the generator in about 4 days.
    My dear Dad was on oxygen so we took him to my sister's up on Chesapeake to stay until we got the generator. ((Miss you Daddy!))
    It's something I will never forget.
    I can't imagine going through something like an Andrew or Katrina.
    Horrible!

I pray for everyone in Isaac's path.

Sorry for going off topic!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

i totally understand Mona...

We have had our share of hurricanes..

I miss my dad too...

Laura

• georgecc
    11 years ago

Barbra, Thanks for helping me find another great red. The Red Magic looks fantastic, so I broke down my walls of discipline and ordered one. Looks like a great plumeria!
    George

• beachplant
    11 years ago

hot north wind and that`s about it, we probably won`t even get rain.

Uh, Barb, Ike came off the coast of Africa, so did the 1900 storm, Carla.... Alicia was a cold front that went through on Monday and was a cat 3 hitting us on Friday of the same week.

It is true that you can not predict Gulf hurricanes, the hurricane forcast is ONLY for Atlantic storm, we breed our own in the Gulf and no way to predict them.

I still didn`t go buy plywood, storing it is a pain in the you know what. We have no garage.
    Wouldn`t board up for a cat 1 or 2 storm anyway. Rain is the problem with this storm, it is stalled and just dumping rain on them. It would flood no matter where the storm was, no place can handle that amount of rain in that short of a period of time.
    got a generator, I took it when we evacuated for Ike,mom left hers here and it flooded. I store it at my bros house and he checks it for me on a regular basis, which means he uses it lol! He`s a carpenter which is very handy.

Ike wasn`t too bad on us, minor roof damage, garden ruined. BUT the dang roofers set the house on fire and then ran off. Got off work and owned the clothes I had on and nothing else. Not enough insurance. House is almost totally done, just some minor stuff here and there, and the outside, ugh, need a big chunk o change to fix it, like $50,000+, hopefully the city will come through with a grant.

I decided even if Issac headed this way I was not going to do anything, just went and bought a truck full of plumeria, if I can get into photobucket I will get pics posted. Cuttings came in the mail yesterday from Aloha plumeria so I will plant those tomorrow on my day off. Got most of the other plumeria planted in the yard.
    Tally HO!