Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Musk Rainbow today

Posted by gidgetsocal none (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 14:12

Here is a picture of Musk Rainbow today. It has a nice scent, and I enjoy its color. It blends orange, brown, and purple, fading to a soft lavender. It is one of my favorites.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Musk Rainbow today

a real STUNNER!

o

Have not seen that one before! Beautiful and thanks for sharing

o

Yes Rox.... STUNNER!!!!! agree.... very beautiful... love the colors!! :)

Chuy

o

My Musk Rainbows are definitely my favorite! Looking good.

o

would this be that color in our coastal area????

o

roxanne- Thanks! I do love this one.This is the color I get with temps. averaging high 70s to low 80s here on the coast. I got this from Matt at Island Plumeria a few years ago. His Open House is coming up! :-)

Thanks, texasplum! The first time I saw this one, it had me at hello! ;-)

Hi Chuy! Thanks so much! I love the colors on this one, too! As it fades, it changes color in a good way.

SHhhhh - One of my favorites as well!! Thank you!

o

Wendi !!!!

This is such a beauty.. LOVE it!!!

Congratulations!!!

Laura

o

Mine looks a little different here in central Florida, but yours looks great! It could also be the camera.

o

Hi Laura!! I had to wait for this one to open. Of course, it was a stinker and decided to open up when I was in Mammoth. :-) When I left, all the buds were still too closed to open them. Otherwise, you know I would have pried one open with my little fingers ;-).
I love it, too!! Thank you!!!

SHhhhh- I do see a lot of variation in color with this one. The blooms change color daily. I'll post another pic from yesterday. You can see the older bloom is a faded purple. I can't even imagine what the Florida heat and humidity do for it! Please post a pic if you can!

o

Beautiful!!

Lonnie

o

• Posted by SHhhhh 9 Central Florida (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 15:41

These are from a few years ago, but they show the difference in older and new flowers:

DSC00429

DSC00442

This was my first flower from this year. The camera settings were on "vivid" so there is a little saturation.

DSC_2776

And here is a shot with the cell phone camera:

IMG_20140625_173135_218

This post was edited by SHhhhh on Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 15:47

o

all sooooo lovely, roxanne

o

Thank you, Lonnie!!

SHhhhh- I love the colors - so vivid and beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

o

The new blooms that opened up today are much darker than the ones before - much more maroonish/brown. Odd because the weather has been pretty consistent.

Makes me wonder what the timing is between when you get heat and humidity and how long after blooms show color change. Just curious...

o

WOW!! Beautiful, I like the different colors at different times. What a winner and one that I will have to put on my wish list. Thanks for sharing. Barb

o

wow...what an amazing flower! cant believe how much it changes, On the must have list now! thanks yall for sharing

o

• Posted by rcharles Canada, West Coast 7 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 16:49

Those blooms are all so wonderful. What a treat to view those. Love the colors.
Rick

o

Gidget, those are the best pics of Musk Rainbow/George Brown I've seen! Very beautiful shape and colors!

o

Barb- Thanks so much! I love how it changes its look. If I could have only 5, this would be one of them. ;-)

Shane - Thanks again! I am really enjoying Musk Rainbow this year. It is still changing from day to day. Yesterday's blooms were even a little darker with a more golden center.

rcharles - Thank you for your kind words! Much appreciated!

Jandey! Mahalo for the huge compliment! That's really so nice of you to say. I wish I could take credit, but this flower is very photogenic. ;-) Thanks so much!!

o

Very pretty. Fantastic color. I have heard about this variety but was not previously impressed by what I had seen. This changes everything.

o

I'm in love...

;-)

Laura

o

kms2- Thank you so much! I can't find one thing that I don't like about it! ;-)

Laura!! Head over heels!! Heehee!! xo!

Good night, and have a great weekend!!

o

Beautiful. I've been trying to find one of these but so far no luck.... So will just have to enjoy all the beautiful pictures in the meantime. :-)

o

Wendi.. Still Loving this one.. Wow!!! Still on my head tho!! ;-)

Mary.. Did you check Florida colors? MPG? Plumeria Hut?

Just some thoughts...

;-)

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here