Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Plumeria season ending early for me this year.

Andrew Scott
9 years ago

Here it is mid August and usually our temps are in the low to mid 80's. Today's high...65 degrees! This has been the coolest summer we have had in years. What really makes me upset is that this is also the first year my JJ Orange produces an inflo...a HUGE inflo! Buds are still growing but with temps like this, I will have to move it indoors and grow it under my HPS light.

What really surprises me is that my Taj Mahol is blooming! 2 flower buds have opened so far and both have fully opened without dropping! Maybe the plumeria gods feel sorry for me so they helped Taj Mahol along..LOL! Whatever the reason, at least I have some flowers!

One of my 2 Psycho trees has 2 inflos on it but they are still less than 2 inches tall. I will probably need to also move this one indoors. I am afraid to move Taj. At this point I guess I can only hope that our temps will improve for the rest of summer. I think my Oratai may have an inflo but it is to early to tell.

I have to say, having over 100+ trees and not having the right temps to promote blooming is a big bummer! At least I have 2 tuber rose that are going to bloom! One of them should bloom in a few days. My 5ft tall gardenia tree is budding up somewhat so I also will have that to enjoy.

Maybe I can coax some inflos to form when I move my trees indoors. This has been the worst summer for my plumeria since I started growing them 4 years ago.

Andrew

Comments (4)